Derby Spots

Maxie_Monty

Basically going to Derby on friday on the train, and was wondering if anyone could explain where any spots to ride are.

Not looking for anything to extreme, we aint the best of riders lol.

If anyone will be out on the Friday coming, who is a local that would be even better :), will only be me and one pal, maybe another providing he gets a new chain,

Thanks in advance

Theres alsorts around Derby, but be careful of police, they have cameras everywhere and usually a police car will turn up sooner or later.

I recommend:

Stone benches as recommended above

Walls on the square - its near the mini roundabout near the council house (big old building, can't miss it)

River Gardens (loads of rocks/walls!)

Under the bridge near the train station.

It's a bit difficult to explain where they are if you don't know Derby well, but ask about and people will guide you there.

Have fun!

Probably better off in Trials Chat ;)

I havn't seen much of Derby yet but, there is an area with stone benches just across from the multi-storey car park, (near the bang & olufson shop), the court and an area with large planters. These three are all within a mins ride of each other!

Cheers for the reply, same as me really, which is why i dont even know where the multi storey car park actually is. Could i see it if i searched on google maps or something? same with the others but if they are in the same area, im sure if we found one, it wouldnt be a challenge to find the rest.

thanks

Theres alsorts around Derby, but be careful of police, they have cameras everywhere and usually a police car will turn up sooner or later.

I recommend:

Stone benches as recommended above

Walls on the square - its near the mini roundabout near the council house (big old building, can't miss it)

River Gardens (loads of rocks/walls!)

Under the bridge near the train station.

It's a bit difficult to explain where they are if you don't know Derby well, but ask about and people will guide you there.

Have fun!

Probably better off in Trials Chat ;)

Cheers for that Anzo.

Like i previously said, might just google map some areas and see if they appear.

I was thinking of posting it in Trials Chat, but didnt think it would be sensible there, sorry for that :$

Think you should come out and show us to be honest ;)

thanks again :)

Edited by Maxie_Monty

post-8303-126641256413_thumb.jpg

post-8303-126641256941_thumb.jpg

That should help. Googlemaps is about a year or so out of date, so I've blacked out a bit on the map, it used to be nice grass banks but is now the Quad centre - ask anyone for the Quad Centre and they'll direct you to that bit.

The white bits are where I'd recommend.

If you google map the Bang & Olufson shop, its a right turn where the traffic lights are, then, at the side of the road as it sweeps round. (you'll also see the bus stops, its just before these) :)

Edit: hope that helps, I know its a bit vague :S:(

Everything helps Joe, thanks again :)

Looks like anzo's sorted me out with a illustration :)

Thank youuu both :) Much appreiciated

To be honest, it's a tiny city in comparison to Nottingham - most of the ride locations are spaces pretty close together, which is why I loved riding it so much.

Come out of the station, follow the traffic and you'll be in the city centre, you won't get lost and you'll find everything you're looking for.

To be honest, it's a tiny city in comparison to Nottingham - most of the ride locations are spaces pretty close together, which is why I loved riding it so much.

Come out of the station, follow the traffic and you'll be in the city centre, you won't get lost and you'll find everything you're looking for.

Stop saying, and come out with us then haha :)

What time are you guys planning on riding? I might pop down, albeit minus a bike as I left it home this week (I'm at uni you see...) as I didn't finish single walling my front rim :ermm:

we planned to get there 10ish but we'll be there all day if the weathers fine :) so what time would you plan coming and we could arrange something?

Need more people too comee :)

Edited by Maxie_Monty

we planned to get there 10ish but we'll be there all day if the weathers fine :) so what time would you plan coming and we could arrange something?

Need more people too comee :)

Ah, dunno when I was thinking about lol but it wasn't morning :lol: . I'll be at uni all day then work til 7pm. I think a few people might be out next weekend or something, I'll have to fire you a pm if I hear any more about it (Y) .

Ah, dunno when I was thinking about lol but it wasn't morning :lol: . I'll be at uni all day then work til 7pm. I think a few people might be out next weekend or something, I'll have to fire you a pm if I hear any more about it (Y) .

Not a problem then could still be there though, dont know really. we'll go when we lose interest/something brakes haha.

Ok mate keep me posted :)