Crank Arm Problem!

Maxie_Monty

If your left arm crank arm comes loose, it creates a wobble, which then wears away at the taper as it is a softer metal than the BB it is contacting against. Once the taper has worn a tiny bit, no matter how much you tighten it by, it will always have a wobble and wear loose.

New LH crank arm is needed, and ensure you tighten it during and after the first few rides on it.

hi mate

i had the same problem.

i was careless after getting a new crank arm and didnt tighten it up regular for the first few times. So the taper in the crank arm wore away. So i had to buy a new one. its the easiest thing to do...

after getting a new crank arm tighten the bolt up for the first couple of times then now and again. and always tighten up the pedal. trust me ! iam careless on these things, and ive spent too much money on cranks :P

thanks

I have also had this problem when i got my ZOO! pitbull i was told the crank arm was worn but i did'nt pay much attention so carried on riding, got to out riding spot and my left crank arm felt a little wierd, got home and took it of and saw what was ment to be a squear crant was more circular and squear :lol: turned out i had rounded it of but the bb was fine but it may be the other way round with you your bb and crank may be f****d good luck mate. Just take your crank of and fine the damage :) hers mine now :( as you can see where my index finder is :( If you get new cranks, every week or so when you look for cracks and things and just do a small service on your bike make shure your crank bolts are of the correct tension and this will never happen :)

2ch2q8l.jpg

Thanks alot people, taken the crank arm of today and does look like a far bit of wear, wasnt expecting it because i thought echo parts would atleast serve me a year lol.

Will take a picture and post it up in the morning just to be definate if thats alright ?

Edited by Maxie_Monty