Powder Coating?

Twitch-119

Hey just wondering as I've come into some money, how much is a full bike spray of powder coating? and what's the weight like on one, I'm not exactly a weight weenie but my bike already weigh's around 14.7kg, so dont really need anymore weight... and looking for some opinions on this --> thinking frame matte white, forks matte black, and so on, opposing colours every time one part meets the other, what you guys think? dont care if the colour scheme is common...

And if possible where are the reputable P/C companys and are there any near to Oxford? much appreciated

Twitch

Hey just wondering as I've come into some money, how much is a full bike spray of powder coating? and what's the weight like on one, I'm not exactly a weight weenie but my bike already weigh's around 14.7kg, so dont really need anymore weight... and looking for some opinions on this --> thinking frame matte white, forks matte black, and so on, opposing colours every time one part meets the other, what you guys think? dont care if the colour scheme is common...

And if possible where are the reputable P/C companys and are there any near to Oxford? much appreciated

Twitch

Got my frame powder coated in white for 30 pounds. did a really good job too. shouldn't think it weighs much to be fair.

Got my frame powder coated in white for 30 pounds. did a really good job too. shouldn't think it weighs much to be fair.

Cheers, so what you thinking on the rest of the bike cant be much over 60 quid? the rest of the parts are quite small but there is alot of them...

So just put in old cups? does that cover the whole thread? and without the actual BB im guessing? cheers guys

Well yeah it`ll protect the threads otherwise you need to get the bb tapped again. Just ask the guys your best option when i got my orange done i already had my disc mounts, headset faced so didnt want to do it again. The guy just put some masking tape over the surfaces, coated it then used a sharp blade to cut the taped sections off preserving the faced surfaces.

my frame cost 40 quid in bright orange, 15 for a fork in white.

Edited by jambo