Hub/ Fw Issues?

J Trials 31

Ok, first I know something is wrong but not what. It is really hard to pedal and it feels like the chain is too tight or something, but I checked the chain and it's no where near tight. When I get off and pedal it forwards it stops really quickly and seems like my pads are rubbing, but it's not that either. So I'm figuring it is either my hub or fw. Can anyone confirm my troubles? I need to get a new hub sometime anyway, but I don't have the cash for that right now, but if it's the fw I have one of those laying around I can throw on.

Thanks for the help,

Jordan

Edited by J Trials 31

I'm thinking it may be overtightened bolts. How do I correct this? When I undid in it coasted fine, but when I tightened ever so slightly it started doing the same thing.

Means either the bearings are munched, or when you tighten the bolts it forces something against the shell or the plastic dust cover of the bearing. I had the same problem when my snailcam rubbed against my hub shell. A very small washer sorted it :)

Means either the bearings are munched, or when you tighten the bolts it forces something against the shell or the plastic dust cover of the bearing. I had the same problem when my snailcam rubbed against my hub shell. A very small washer sorted it :)

Yeah, figured needed a new hub anyway, as it's been moving around a lot anyway as it's got bmx style bolts. I'll check for some fixes and start saving for a new hub.

Yeah, figured needed a new hub anyway, as it's been moving around a lot anyway as it's got bmx style bolts. I'll check for some fixes and start saving for a new hub.

Viz are good if you replace the axle with a nonthreaded one and file the bearing preloaders out slightly...

Onza t-master are solid as fek with a new cro-mo axle

rockman BUB seem damn good, and a reasonable weight.

Viz are good if you replace the axle with a nonthreaded one and file the bearing preloaders out slightly...

Onza t-master are solid as fek with a new cro-mo axle

rockman BUB seem damn good, and a reasonable weight.

Yeah, had a V!Z on my other bike and I did the same thing to it. Then it was great. Not sure what I'm going to go with, probably whatever I can get uber cheap used, but still quality. It won't be right away anyway as I don't have the cash for it.