Quick Help

Luke.P

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, the brakes works pumped it hard n loads of black stuff came out and then reattached hoses and bled and now its awesome :D :D :D even though i have upside down lever on left lol but rather that than just a front brake :)

Thanks for everyones help

Nice one glad we could be of assistance to you. lol . Dosent really matter its upside down thats how mine is fitted so happy days

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, the brakes works pumped it hard n loads of black stuff came out and then reattached hoses and bled and now its awesome :D :D :D even though i have upside down lever on left lol but rather that than just a front brake :)

Thanks for everyones help

Did you read what everyone said before about cleaning the brake :huh:. It sounds like you've had oil and water mixing inside the brake and gunking it up, thats what the black stuff was. My bet is the brake will go shit again after a few weeks. If that happens, you need to clean and flush it properly and rebleed. I know bike maintainance can be frustrating when you just want to ride, but a little time, patience and understanding will go a long way!

Also let us know when your next going to the bog and someone off here can come and wipe your ass for you :turned:

Did you read what everyone said before about cleaning the brake :huh:. It sounds like you've had oil and water mixing inside the brake and gunking it up, thats what the black stuff was. My bet is the brake will go shit again after a few weeks. If that happens, you need to clean and flush it properly and rebleed. I know bike maintainance can be frustrating when you just want to ride, but a little time, patience and understanding will go a long way!

Also let us know when your next going to the bog and someone off here can come and wipe your ass for you :turned:

I put my front lever on my rear hose and re-bleeded everything.. it wasnt the one that sort of froze up! when i put it on and tried to bleed nothing was right in the lever and it was just floping about but then took hose and pumped the blade and some muggy type stuff came out, did it until nothing what so ever came out and the lever felt good, and then put hose and bleeded it and now feels really good..I just dont trust myself with bike maintaince to be honest taking things apart etc i always think it going to naff it up if i do it. But i am going to attempt to clean the other lever that froze up take it all apart and that, and see what happens suppose you've got to learn sometime?!

Thanks for your help

luke

Yeah thats what I was gonna suggest, you'll probably learn a lot trying to repair the other lever. The key to taking anything apart for the first time is to just go slowly and record how it all goes together. Do whatever you need to for it to make sense, take photos, draw diagrams etc to make it easier to understand. And if it does go all wrong we can always try to help.

Yeah thats what I was gonna suggest, you'll probably learn a lot trying to repair the other lever. The key to taking anything apart for the first time is to just go slowly and record how it all goes together. Do whatever you need to for it to make sense, take photos, draw diagrams etc to make it easier to understand. And if it does go all wrong we can always try to help.

That sounds like a plan to me . Ever since i was little i had my nose stuck into whatever the old man was trying to rebuild or destroy when it came to bikes ,Engines, cars etc. Then soon as i got my first bike as a nipper and the old man was at work out came the tools and hammer . I could never actually put the damm thing back together and if i did there was always that mystery bolt or washer left over. But its about trial and error and giving it ago. which i did and he was never to chuffed to come home and see my new bike in bits But like what was said above by Matt its about taking your time and having a go otherwise you stand still without learning nothing while the world keeps on spinin.Dont be affraid to give things a go and if you do feck it up you"ll know what not to do next time.

Yea your definatly right ^ Mayaswell give it go to be honest nothing to loose, I never understood that everytime i took something apart there would always be a washer or something left over and never have any idea where from :unsure: But anyway mayaswell give it ago only one way to learn isnt there, Thanks for all your help.. Its nice to know there are exprienced people out there that take the time to help noobs like me.

Cheers

Luke