Wanting To Build Up A Complete Heres My Spec List What Do You Think, F

watson6666

this is for a bike mainly that i will be using around town, no country riding, all street and i am wondering what you guys think of frame choice etc? i am 6ft 1 you see. i currently ride a 24" ns suburban, with argyls but have just tried my mates echo, and its great fun, but i was also wanting to ask about the inspired street completes and what your thoughts are on them as i am coming from riding 24s do you think this would be more suitable? any help much appreciated thanks.

Echo Urban Bashring: Black, 18T

@ £25.00

Echo TR ISIS

@ £50.00

Magura HS33 Limited Edition, with Olive, no brake clamps: Pair, without brake clamps

@ £149.00

Tensile Single Speed: Short Arm

@ £30.00

Trialtech Lite Z610 HX, 3/32''

@ £14.00

Echo 7075 CNC: 170mm Silver

@ £79.99

Echo Urban: Black, 4-Bolt/Disc

@ £85.00

Echo Control '09: Silver, Short

@ £349.00

Try-All Punching Bar: Silver

@ £34.99

Echo SL Headset: Orange

@ £40.00

Hope Pro2 Trials Axle Bolts (pair with washers)

@ £5.00

Hope Pro 2: Gunsmoke, 32h

@ £50.00

Echo Urban Front 26'': Fluro Green

@ £30.00

Echo Urban Rear 26'': Fluro Green

@ £35.00

Halo Screw On: Red, 18T

@ £17.50

Trialtech Sport Forged: Black

@ £35.00

Maxxis Minion Dual Ply (Rear Tread): 2.35", 42a Super Tacky

@ £27.00

Maxxis Hi Roller Dual Ply: 2.35", 42a Super Tacky

@ £28.00

already have a second hand pro 2 trials, just needed bolts,

also wondering about using 170, 160 mm cranks? any better one to go for?

The parts you chosen are tip top . And id go for 170mm cranks if your a 6 footer. But i must also say i feal like im on a class A drug reading your post in that size text .Calm it down dude !!!

Id also recommend a change of lever blades...and a consideration for your brake pads depending what you'll be wanting

I personally use the Echo SL blade for the rear and the difference to me is pretty big. Its not so much the added leverage for increased power, more the comfort and grip compared to the hs33 standard 2 finger lever. Its pricey, but for me the extra money spent was more than made up for in how much nicer the bike felt, and how comfortable/confident I was on any rear wheel moves :)

Id also recommend a change of lever blades...and a consideration for your brake pads depending what you'll be wanting

I personally use the Echo SL blade for the rear and the difference to me is pretty big. Its not so much the added leverage for increased power, more the comfort and grip compared to the hs33 standard 2 finger lever. Its pricey, but for me the extra money spent was more than made up for in how much nicer the bike felt, and how comfortable/confident I was on any rear wheel moves :)

yeah sorry did not look that big when i posted it. thanks for the help, i think the 170s are sounding best, and yeah the leaver blade idea sounds great. what pads do you recommend? also think i may go for the echo pure, as their does not seem to be much difference in geo, and its cheaper, as i dont want to spend much more than a grand. thanks again.

frame size help, my mate has already got himself an echo pure in long, and it does feel extremely long to me, so that was why i was thinking the short? what are peoples opinions on frame size?

I used rockman blues on CNC backings with the braided magura hose on a fairly light grind. As of yesterday changed to a water bleed which helped even more, but even before it was a really nice setup. Im pretty sure a friend is now going to change to something very similar as a result.

Check out the pad review section on the main part of this forum, see if anyone uses a similar set up to what you are looking for. TNN and try-all Crocos are also pretty popular from what ive seen.

I know you are trying to keep costs down, but the extra on at least the pads and a set up you feel happy with is a must!! more so for less experienced riders where we rely more on our brakes :)

I used rockman blues on CNC backings with the braided magura hose on a fairly light grind. As of yesterday changed to a water bleed which helped even more, but even before it was a really nice setup. Im pretty sure a friend is now going to change to something very similar as a result.

Check out the pad review section on the main part of this forum, see if anyone uses a similar set up to what you are looking for. TNN and try-all Crocos are also pretty popular from what ive seen.

I know you are trying to keep costs down, but the extra on at least the pads and a set up you feel happy with is a must!! more so for less experienced riders where we rely more on our brakes :)

oh definately, i i meant the frame choice, think i will go for the pure as it is over £100 cheaper, but pads, yeah want to get them right like first time. what do you recon frame size wise then?

frame choice?! erm....i couldnt help you there im afraid. not only am i pretty inexperienced with "proper" trials frames, but so much is personal preferance too.

soon enough on here you'll no doubt see lots of comments relating to frame geometrys, angles/bb rise/length etc (im not all that clued up). its a big factor in frame choice for alot of people who have been riding a while, with colour/style etc being somewhat an after thought!

im sure theres quite a few riders around your area (check out the scottish muckers on youtube)...hopefully there will be a relatively recent topic in the rides/locations sections. get in touch with a few of the guys and ask for a go?! im sure they'll be more than happy to help. for the sort of money you are spending you can pretty much have whatever you like frame wise, all be it some choices may need to be 2nd hand! but even then, a quick browse of the for sale section will show you the bargins you can get there, even for frames in great condition :)