Help And Questions

fletch

Hello all, I used to ride years ago, and was thinking about starting up again. The whole scene has changed loads, and i was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. Firstly, i want to start by buying a frame and forks and using the bits of my old bike to reduce the initial cost. Do new frames still have v brake/magura mounts on them or just disc mounts? Also, is there any diffrence between frames with seats and without, or is it just down to personal preference? Can anyone recommend a frame and fork, not to expensive though. I used to ride Konas, so would like a frame which has quite a long top tube. Lastly, does anyone know of any comps in the south-east? cheers. Fletch

Hello all, I used to ride years ago, and was thinking about starting up again. The whole scene has changed loads, and i was wondering if you guys could give me some advice. Firstly, i want to start by buying a frame and forks and using the bits of my old bike to reduce the initial cost. Do new frames still have v brake/magura mounts on them or just disc mounts? Also, is there any diffrence between frames with seats and without, or is it just down to personal preference? Can anyone recommend a frame and fork, not to expensive though. I used to ride Konas, so would like a frame which has quite a long top tube. Lastly, does anyone know of any comps in the south-east? cheers. Fletch

From what i see in the trials world its how low can you go basically the frames nower days are very low compared to 2000 - 2004 bike and some frames run seats but they are usally begginner bikes (onza rip, bird ) and also you can get bikes with V-brake mount but they are usally the older model becuase newer models have dircet mangura post mounts (stright to frame) but yes im selling a ashton justice 20 with v-brake mounts i may split if the price is right
:D
hope this was helpful