Front Freewheel Or Free Hub?

Franksx2005

Ive decided to get rid of my chris king and middleburns and replace them with a front freewheel setup. is this a wise move? Its an Echo Urban by the way, and im not very streety rider?

The front freewheel set up is less weight overall and the weight has moved towards the center.

Edited by Franksx2005

Ive decided to get rid of my chris king and middleburns and replace them with a front freewheel setup. is this a wise move? Its an Echo Urban by the way, and im not very streety rider?

The front freewheel set up is less weight overall and the weight has moved towards the center.

yer mate go with a front wheel set up that is what i use the only down side is you some times get your trousers cought under the chain but just tuck your trousers in your socks but u do look like a chav but o well it is better than gettin your trousers ripped.

Hi. I have had both of set ups and would say there is no difference in them. With the king, back end can some times feel a bit heavier but no a lot. With the freewheel weight destribution is better and it is also cheaper.

I never tryed middleburns because I never realy like them and always had try-all cranks instead, so it was still nice and smart. I also notice my singlespeed CK was eating my horizontal drop outs a little. I changed back to a freewheel few months ago, 108 echo SL to be exact and I love it because my king used to skip a lot and could not trust it no more, echo ffw hasn't done it even once!

So don't waste your money if you have a great working king.

Edited by 3dd

Either as long as you go for a decent set-up....I'be had both and got on really well with both.

My recommendation would be MIddleburns with a TNN bash, rear ISO king

orr

Try-all cranks, Echo SL FFW, Trialtech ti bash, Try-all 'H' hub

Thats what I'd run if it were me, the only real difference between the two is price and weight distribution really....

Either as long as you go for a decent set-up....I'be had both and got on really well with both.

My recommendation would be MIddleburns with a TNN bash, rear ISO king

orr

Try-all cranks, Echo SL FFW, Trialtech ti bash, Try-all 'H' hub

Thats what I'd run if it were me, the only real difference between the two is price and weight distribution really....

ive ordered now, i went for the speedrace cranks, tarty said they were very similar to the try all, sl freewheel, echo tr bash and a because rear hub. If something brakes with this setup it will be a lot cheaper to replace parts.