My Handsomedog Xc.01 Bike

Jonny Jones

Decided to build a kinda budget XC rig for this year as I wanna get fitter and also I fancied a change to JUST riding Trials! I think I managed to build it all for about £450... this wasn't including the forks, headset and seat as I had these already.

25105_10150172685225521_633805520_11975441_5851956_n.jpg

Frame and tyres from All Terrain Cycles, very cheap, brilliant service!

Bars, stem, grips, Kore rimtape and little LED lights came from CRC.

Everything else came from eBay, numerous sellers, got some bargains!

The wheels are XT disc hubs on Mavic EN521 rims, they feel solid so I'll have to see how they hold up!

Got front and rear BB5 discs for about £50 from Hong Kong (eBay)... no warrantee, but am I bothered at that price? Am I balls lol

It also made me realise how much stuff you need to make a 'normal' MTB!

Went out this evening with my mate Andy for a 'shakedown' at Bracknell and it rides so well! The tyres are High Rollers @ 2.1 but they did very well on high-speed stuff and small jumps etc. Need to put my levers inwards on the bars and adjust the reach on them, apart from that I'm really happy with it! :)

Edited by Jonny Jones

Nice...can i ask how long the seat tube is and how tall you are?... i want to build something similer but having a hard time deciding how long i need my seat tube to be, and get a good frame size, so to do jump and xc.......

cheers

Rob

Nice...can i ask how long the seat tube is and how tall you are?... i want to build something similer but having a hard time deciding how long i need my seat tube to be, and get a good frame size, so to do jump and xc.......

cheers

Rob

Hi dude, the frame is 16", seat post is 450mm I think and I'm about 5ft 7. I wanted a long one just to give me options I guess!