Its Harder Than It Looks...

Dangle_kt

Well all credit to you guys, I picked up an Onza T-Comp and had a 20 min wobble round the back garden before.

DAMM its not easy! You guys have got some skill.

I've ridden MTB for years (when younger), and MX, minibikes, supermoto and road bikes for years - but trials is tough.

First thing is something as straight forward as starting, normally I'd draw the pedal up, and it would take best part of 1/4 turn of cranks before it engaged - not on this, the front wants to jump up and the whole bike lurches forward! I found it easier (in the tight confines of my small back garden) to just push off with the pedal at the bottom of the stroke and then pull it up once rolling.

Track stands were pretty straight forward, and I'm sure I'll be able to dial that in with some practice, but again the bike is so highly strung, every small input has a big result.

The bike is real light too - much lighter than I was expecting! really pleased with it.

Rear brake needs bleeding, and is whalling like a stabbed walrus - going to try water.

so...yeah - Qudos to you guys and girls.

Baby steps....baby steps. :giggle:

Doubt your not going to want to.

But me and a couple of mates are going to blackpool this sunday.

Nothing too serious.

Just a day out. Meeting new people having a laugh etc.

I'm no where near a ok / decent rider.

So don't feel you have to be to come.

:D

Cheers Jordan - I'll stick to avoiding landing in the kids padling pool for a bit longer.... couldn't get the dam rear brake to improve. It's nearly to the bar. grr. anyway.

I've got a bike now smoby, but thanks for posting in my wanted ad, and then following it up - very organised :lol:

Cheers Jordan - I'll stick to avoiding landing in the kids padling pool for a bit longer.... couldn't get the dam rear brake to improve. It's nearly to the bar. grr. anyway.

Try undoing allen keys bolts for the 'boosters' or to me and you. Calipers. push them in a tad. tighten them up and try that.

Try undoing allen keys bolts for the 'boosters' or to me and you. Calipers. push them in a tad. tighten them up and try that.

They are callipers, a booster is totally seperate, its a u shaped peice of metal that makes the brake stiffer.

http://tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?product_id=10604&category_id=3

That is a brake booster.