Magurage

Luke Dunstan

I had my rear HS33 fitted with a new lever yesterday (2004) the shop bled it and sorted it out before I picked it up.

I've set it up, pads aligned perfectly also with an Echo 4-bolt booster, but it's soooo spongy, I've set my front one up no probs, perfect, but no matter what I do the back one just won't improve.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers guys, i'm sure you're sick of people asking this type of question.

Edited by xDUNSTANx

yeah they have done a crap bleed

Ah right, its a new lever...im not bothered about the warranty and fancy water bleeding it, the last time I did it (last week) the piston jammed, i'm guessing as it was a heap of a lever about 6 years old.

I know most people do it with no problem, but i'm worried it'll happen again as I have no money until the end of this month.

Your's sincerely, the brake retard.

i think the problem will be that when the shop bled your brake they used oil. Because you had a water bleed before some water will still be in the system, the oil and water will seperate and cause a very poor lever feel, give the whole system a good flush out to make sure all of the oil is gone. and give it a good old bleed. You will know when all the oil is gone as you wont see any little black beads (oil) in the vent tube when you bleed.

Luke if u can get it to my house i will help.

Going for a rim grind tonight buddy, you about tomorrow??

i think the problem will be that when the shop bled your brake they used oil. Because you had a water bleed before some water will still be in the system, the oil and water will seperate and cause a very poor lever feel, give the whole system a good flush out to make sure all of the oil is gone. and give it a good old bleed. You will know when all the oil is gone as you wont see any little black beads (oil) in the vent tube when you bleed.

Thanks for your help mate, Gonna bleed in a bit, will let you know how it goes...Cheers (Y)

If it was water bled before the shop bled it they probably didn't clean the brake out. i'd bleed it myself with water again. But before you put the water in and seal it up again i'd run some disinfectant through it in a bowl first to get all the fluid out because oil and water don't mix obviously . :)