Stiff Freewheel?

Daborn Meister

You'll have to use a crank puller to remove the crank without damaging it, but a rubber faced mallet can be used.

Once the crank is off you'll have to use a bottom bracket tool to take the bottom bracket out from your frame. The bottom bracket tool you will usually need is this one, but there is a different tool to fit SKF and Truvativ bottom brackets found here.

You'll have to purchase a longer bottom bracket - a 128mm long axle will be pefect. There are plenty of bottom brackets to choose from, ISIS splined and square tapered, make sure you pick the type that'll fit your cranks ;)

Then simply install the new longer bottom bracket in to your frame, and then fit your cranks. Your freewheel won't rub on the bottom bracket after that..

thing is, I Havnt rode on the cranks atall and are newly fitted yet I can't get them off easily? I've purchased a bb spacer, and yes the bashing is fitted, does there need to be a spacer between bash and freewheel atall?

What bashring and freewheel are you using? Is the freewheel rubbing on the bashring itself? Not a home-made bash by any chance? Get steve to have a look at it... Between us I reckon we've had every problem possible with a freewheel!

Adam

What bashring and freewheel are you using? Is the freewheel rubbing on the bashring itself? Not a home-made bash by any chance? Get steve to have a look at it... Between us I reckon we've had every problem possible with a freewheel!

Adam

Is he back from uni yet? And neinee, checked all that, freewheel is right up against the bb so going to have to order a longer bb, bad bad times. And a V!Z 72 click with a try all symmetric bash.

Edited by Daborn Meister