Turning On Back Wheel

Gaz96

I've found a few walls i want to drop off but theyre to skinny to face the bike towards the edge before i drop. I can hop on back wheel and pedal kick quite well, but i cant turn on the spot while on back wheel how do i do this?

It's really hard to explain, you just kinda learn it by trying

Giving bars little nudges to the side you want to go helps the bike around. I really can't explain the movements otherwise >.<

Somebody can hopefully link you to the art of trials by ryan leech, that shows it I think

if you can pedal kick quite well, it shouldnt be too hard to learn...it will though, take a while to turn right on the sport (if its a small spot!)

ok, so imagine hopping on the rear wheel...

- when the rear tyre is on the floor inbetween hops, you want to twist your body towards the direction you want to turn (you'll find one is easiler than the other)

- look to where you are wanting to turn, this will help inadvertantly move your body in the right direction

- you'll find that your handlebar will drop either to the right or the left depending on which way you turn turning the wheel slightly, this is completely normal. to look at, you will seem to be doing mini left and right turns of the bars each hop

- when learning at first, you'll find that instead of turning on the spot, you'll probably turn in an arc shape (again, its normal and just takes practice)

- dont over do it at first, just try and turn a few degrees to the right/left...it doesnt matter if it takes 10 hops to get 90 degrees, it'll get your body moving in the right way

Edited by chris4stars

if you can pedal kick quite well, it shouldnt be too hard to learn...it will though, take a while to turn right on the sport (if its a small spot!)

ok, so imagine hopping on the rear wheel...

- when the rear tyre is on the floor inbetween hops, you want to twist your body towards the direction you want to turn (you'll find one is easiler than the other)

- look to where you are wanting to turn, this will help inadvertantly move your body in the right direction

- you'll find that your handlebar will drop either to the right or the left depending on which way you turn turning the wheel slightly, this is completely normal. to look at, you will seem to be doing mini left and right turns of the bars each hop

- when learning at first, you'll find that instead of turning on the spot, you'll probably turn in an arc shape (again, its normal and just takes practice)

- dont over do it at first, just try and turn a few degrees to the right/left...it doesnt matter if it takes 10 hops to get 90 degrees, it'll get your body moving in the right way

Easily the best advice and most descript advice! It's exactly how I learnt to do it, even now I prefer to do 10 smaller precise hops than say 3 bigger less accurate ones.

• 8 months later...