Cranks/bb Making A Noise

Dwarf Shortage

Everytime I do a strong pedal with my right foot, the crank or the BB makes a kind of creaking noise. (Cheers Rab ;))

The left crank is fine, so I don't think it's my BB, any ideas on what it could be?

Spec: Suntour Duro Trails cranks with ISIS splined bottom bracket set

Edited by Ninja Manatee

Everytime I do a strong pedal with my right foot, the crank or the BB makes a noise, which I don't really know how to describe...

The left crank is fine, so I don't think it's my BB, any ideas on what it could be?

Spec: Suntour Duro Trails cranks with ISIS splined bottom bracket set

Freewheel possibly?

Edited by modifiedridah2k9

take cranks of and take the bb out and grease all threads and the isis splines, also grease your pedal threads and give them a check over this should sort it all out, give everything a good clean before the regrease

Will go have a grease-down now, the shiatsu shall have to wait, I'll let you know if all is well (Y)

Cheers Rab :D

the creaking is normally just dry parts flexing and rubbing against eachother.

to get the cranks of you can always hit them with a hammer but just be extrememly carefull not to damage them.

if you cant get them off just spray some lube in round the splines and it should be ok

I ended up leaving the cranks in, and smothering them with grease, creaky sound's now gone, cheers Rab :D

Just went out for a quick ride, and my brakes have suddenly gone awful, I was out this morning and they were perfect, but they've just stopped biting and holding anywhere near as well (N)

Anything I can do without having to grind my rims?

Edited by Ninja Manatee