V Brake, Magura Hs33, Or Front Disc?

personally i would choose disc over magura because the noise can some times put u off because its on the front wheel and also magura is quite sharp so you probably have less control ^_^ but its personal preference really :D

Cheers for the replies.

i think, because i already have a disc brake ready to fit, i will go for that. plus, it gives me an excuse to get lighter forks which will make the bike a lot lighter.

untill more people can tell me a front disc is the wrong way to go, i'm gonna stick with that.

Thanks a lot.

It's 100% personal choice mate. I have a friend who rides v-brake up front and hs33 on the back, but he has a disc fork setup spare in his van. You can make all of them stop you on a 6-pence but hs33 can be sharp and hard to roll with, while the disc has awesome power also but more control with rolling on the nose.

Non the less, it's personal preference and regardless of others, give each a go and see what you like best. (and when I say try them all, borrow mates bikes don't buy all the kit for the 3 types haha)

It's 100% personal choice mate. I have a friend who rides v-brake up front and hs33 on the back, but he has a disc fork setup spare in his van. You can make all of them stop you on a 6-pence but hs33 can be sharp and hard to roll with, while the disc has awesome power also but more control with rolling on the nose.

Non the less, it's personal preference and regardless of others, give each a go and see what you like best. (and when I say try them all, borrow mates bikes don't buy all the kit for the 3 types haha)

Good call :lol:

i have a 20" bike and the only people i know with either magura or disc on the front ride with 26" bikes :angry: so it's hard for me to make a decision.

Thanks anyways mate, by the way, can you vote for me please :lol:

Cheers.

Don't forget you will have to upgrade your front hub, too. Also, it depends on a disk brake itself. I would only recommend Hope mono trials or Avid BB7 to use on the front, because none of others I've tried out worked good enough. Personal stuff, though.

alright thanks.

^_^ i have bought a hayes stroker ryde disc brake off a mate for only £15, so i will give it a shot at least, and if its bad i can always buy another brake.

The thing is you need a MONO cylinder to be run in a disk brake for decent braking power, which is necessary in trials riding. There is no need to buy a new hub at the moment if you are unsure how good that disk brake is unless you have tried. Get some fork with 4-b + disk mounts, and you will be able to get a decent brake with a hub, too later. Also, validated.

The thing is you need a MONO cylinder to be run in a disk brake for decent braking power, which is necessary in trials riding. There is no need to buy a new hub at the moment if you are unsure how good that disk brake is unless you have tried. Get some fork with 4-b + disk mounts, and you will be able to get a decent brake with a hub, too later. Also, validated.

Hey cheers mate.

I have already ordered a whole new front wheel - rim hub and spokes.

I plan to get ECHO Sl forks which are the lightest for 20" bikes.

I have ridden 26" bikes both with front magura and front disc, and i really loved the braking power on the disc, because it is sharp but easier to control than maguras, and seem more reliable.

Sprry to say this but I disc brakes do look amazing on 20" bikes. (i hate to say it because I know looks shouldn't matter!)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...