Barbed Hose End Fitting.

trials owns

hi,

i want to cut down my hosing on my hs33 for the front because its to long, does the long bit of hosing connect with a barbed hose end at the brake cylinders or lever?

right, so if it does how do you put the barbed hose end in? it says on tarty with a mallet and two pieces of wood. or is it connecting on the main hosing with a shroud nut and a olive on the end of the hosing?

cheers

Edited by trials owns

if you are on about cutting the main hose down (lever to brake) then its shoud nut and olives... you just need a new olive to slide on the end of the cut hose, and when you tighten it back up into the brake or lever, the olive compresses onto the pipe (Y)

Assuming you haven't changed it yourself, you should have a shroud nut and olive setup on there at the moment. It's pretty easy to check - you can take the hose out of the lever and check the end of it without losing any fluid (if you're careful!). All you should really need is just a new olive. Again, if you're careful, you should be able to cut the hose down without losing any fluid too, meaning no need to bleed (Y)