Footing When Riding

Alexthelyons

Well, I ride left foot forward and sidehop to the right (is that relavent?) but when I do wheelies, I push off with my right foot. This didn't seem too bad earlier because I wheelied up to ledge (landed on bash plate) then hopped up and wheelied off, all right foot forward. But pedal kicks? If i hop left foot forward but wheelie right foot forward, how do I go about doing these?

I can do a small wheelie (1/8 of a pedal rotation) then hop onto my back wheel, but can't hop again.

Should I learn to wheelie with my left foot or learn to hop with my right foot?

Also, I'm looking to buy a trials bike. I don't really know much about them though, but the onza bird looks ok?

I looked at the rip, but it doesn't have hydraulic u-brake mounts.

What bike would be good to start on, it needs to be cheap though. My dad doesn't like the sound of second hand, as it might have problems with it.

What do you guys think?

Hey mate, I am sorry but I don't know what to suggest about your riding, but as for your dad's view on second hand bikes, then maybe you can explain to him that using a reputable place to purchase the bike, for example off the for sale thread on this forum when you become validated then you are likely to get a good quality working bike, with a better build-up of parts than one straight out of the shop for similar pricing.

The Onza Rip you mentioned with no hydraulic brake mounts, can have an adapter fitted. Click Here. This bolts to your v-brake mounts and allows the hydraulic rim brakes to be fitted instead.

Hope you get a bike soon!!

Edited by stya_bear

As for your riding you need to switch your feet around one way or another. Don't think yourself the only one as i had the same problem. I am still learning to wheelie after 5 months of riding because of this issue. But it is easier to to learn rear wheel hops how you think is comfortable then span everything out from there. So... you should be side-hopping to the left and wheelieing with your right foot.

Trust me -- I was trying to learn gaps for a month with the wrong footing. I changed my feet around and learnt gaps in the same day.

Edited by Kenny--Trials