Monty Forks Sucks!

monty221ti

hi there.

My monty 221 kamel fork (2010) cracked just above the cable guide.

Did any one else tried this???

what would you recommend I should buy instead?

cheers:)

I'm Spanish, so here there are a lot of Monty bikes. Since the first Kamel, '08 and '09 forks have snapped quite easily, but everybody was saying '10 forks didn't snap, but if you have just cracked them... Monty really sucks. I'd go for the Echo Urban 2010 (Y)

Do you know how light those forks are? They've only got a short lifespan really...

My mate snapped a set after a year or so, and he's not that smooth really. They're not as weak as the Echo SLs or the DOB Magnesiums.

DOB Magnesiums.

I havn't got any cracks/dents/ havnt snapped yet. They are very weak yet i have had them for a year, and before that they were on the Koxx XTP 282 passed around TF. So I think mine are near death lol.

But they are stupidly light forks. Might have to buy some Echo SL's after my DOB's die :shifty:

Edited by modifiedridah2k9

Well ive got a set of 09 sl's ive had for the best part of a year , with me they flex a bit on the bite of my disc but i bought the disc only set in silver so theres no weaker hs33 weld spots to snap and im 11 stone. my sl's will still probably of snapped by this time next year.