Newbie With An Ashton And Questions!

Hammerhead

HI all, been registered on here for a wee while now, been lurking in the shadows and just absorbing information though! Been messing around on a Full Bouncer XC rig with some basic trialsy stuff for ages! Found it really helped on the trails! Anyway, finally got around too buying my first trials rig a few weeks ago, and am now the owner of a new Ashton Justice Resolve. :D Really pleased with it and so far progressing at a much quicker rate than i was before! :P

Changes too the bike are pretty lame at the moment, having only changed the bars too a set of uber wide Sunline V1 745's! :D Next thing on my list is too sort out the braking set up, as im finding it a bit naff at the moment, which is where the questions start! Bikes currently equipped with a Tektro Quad front (cable pull) and a Shimano Acera Vee on the back... Both being paired too Tektro Levers.

Have come up with a few options that i was hoping youd be able too offer me your views on!

1. Scrapping the front calliper and replacing with a BB7 w/203mm rotor and changing both levers too Avid SD7's, keeping rear V and just replacing pads too Inspired/Rockman?

2. Scrapping the front, replacing with BB7 w/203mm and changing lever. Replacing rear completely with a HS33 and suitable pads?

3. Replacing both front and rear with HS33's? (Least keen on this option as really like the modulation that a disc offers...)

4. Any other ideas?

Sorry about the essay of a post! And thanks for any replies in advance!

Joe

Sounds like an HS33 on the rear for sure then! Any opinions for good pads for use on a smooth rim?

Luke, what cables and levers are you using on your BB7? Just wanna be able too easily lock the front with one finger!

Joe

For the HS33, you want some heatsink yellow pads. Very good with a little tar. You can get them on the heatsinkbikes website ;)