09 Echo Team Monty Mongrel

Oldskooltrials

I told my wife i was only going to spend about £300 to build a mod using parts from my old monty 221 x-lite, a new frame and freewheel is all i need.....

Well as it turns out i need a new everything and its going to be a bit more than £300!

The only parts from the monty are the forks,stem,bars and front wheel and all of these are getting replaced asap, especially the stem which has got a crack by one of the welds.

Probably gonna get a 185x35 echo sl stem and trialtech risers at the end of the month and then trialtech forks and a matching front wheel later in the year?

Only just built it this morning so i haven't had a chance to ride it yet and the brakes need a bit of adjustment , i may grind the back wheel but i'd like to keep it all black if it works well enough without a grind?

I think i'll get a black bar and stem ,and trialtech forks only come in black so it should look quite stealthy once its finished.

I'm sure the SL freewheel will attract plenty of attention though,its awesome!

Also i'd like to say thanks to the staff at tarty for providing an excellent service,cheers :D

So what do you think about it so far?

DSCF1090.jpg

DSCF1094.jpg

DSCF1092.jpg

DSCF1102.jpg

DSCF1101.jpg

DSCF1100.jpg

DSCF1098.jpg

DSCF1097.jpg

DSCF1096.jpg

I told my wife i was only going to spend about £300 to build a mod using parts from my old monty 221 x-lite, a new frame and freewheel is all i need.....

Story of my life, I told the missus I was just gonna get my heavy tools up and running at christmas, now on my 3rd frame with a full built mod as well!!

Looking very nice mate, should look awesome with a black front end on as well! As for the rear brake have you tried some heatsink yellows?? I'm running them on the back as I don't wanna ruin my lovely red rims!

Could always spray the cnc backings black!!

Story of my life, I told the missus I was just gonna get my heavy tools up and running at christmas, now on my 3rd frame with a full built mod as well!!

Looking very nice mate, should look awesome with a black front end on as well! As for the rear brake have you tried some heatsink yellows?? I'm running them on the back as I don't wanna ruin my lovely red rims!

Could always spray the cnc backings black!!

I got these pads the other day, haven't ridden with them yet but i thought they're worth a try? I've only ever used the red koolstop pads before and they seem to work well for me but if the cheap ones dont work out then i'll try some heatsinks.

I may get a disk brake on the front but i need to try one first as i spent a lot on hope disks when they first came out and they were a bit w*nk imo, they always started leaking after a few weeks of riding. Still got my universal fit rear one like they used in "tricks and stunts" , probably for the best that it didn't work that well or it would have snapped the brake mount off!

Yeah I used to use koolstops when I first rebuilt my bike (seen as they were the only ones available years ago!) but after trying some HS yellows that got chucked in with a maggie I bought I definately wouldn't go back!

And I'd definately recommend a hope trial, bought 2 off here for bout £35 each and they're quality, a lot better than some of the older ones!