Carrera Bashee X

mr_malcolm

Right I have been looking for a long travel XC / all mountain machine and I have been drawn towards one of these as they are a pretty nice price for the spec. My main issue though is that I have to buy it from halfords, having spent the best part of 3 years working at 2 LBS I have a strong feeling towards the way bikes leave there. I plan to give it a full service before I use it. Just woundering if any one owns one or has had a proper play on one to give me some advice? I know they are a tad on the heavy side but I have never been a weight weenie.

I have a hard tail play machine this isj ust for an all round fun bike.

I have had a quick go one as I work at Halfords and it is very nice to ride but obviously I have not given it a good go off road.

If you do go for it then most likely you will have to get it ordered as they do not normaly stock them make sure that you ask for it in a box and that you do not want it to be built as I have seen lots of bikes being setup incorrectly.

Obviously do not buy the display bike as it will have been ridden by most of the staff, the one we have in my store has has mud on the tyres and the handle bars were not done up and have twisted and has destroyed them.

Make sure that you do not get put off by Halfords reputation, for the price you are getting a very good bike and wish I had the money to get one.