[Help] Magura Being A ****!

dannytrialskid

Hi,

My magura hs33 has not been working that well lately.

I bleed it through several times and the pressure is very hard on the syringe when pushing the water through.

When I tighten everything back up and pull in the lever, the lever goes straight to the handle bar.

I tried a bath bleed 10 minutes ago, following Revolvers tutorial, and no air came out at all.

Tried bleeding it the syringe way again and nothing.

When I pull in the lever one comes out further than the other. It is the cylinder with the bleed bolt (m6/m6 i believe?) - and it does not come out as far as the other side.

It affects the performance of the brake massively! - Please help if you can? - What could be wrong.

It never used to do it. It's ever since I got my limey 320 and the brake had been sitting there.

Thanks,

Danny.

Hi,

My magura hs33 has not been working that well lately.

I bleed it through several times and the pressure is very hard on the syringe when pushing the water through.

When I tighten everything back up and pull in the lever, the lever goes straight to the handle bar.

I tried a bath bleed 10 minutes ago, following Revolvers tutorial, and no air came out at all.

Tried bleeding it the syringe way again and nothing.

When I pull in the lever one comes out further than the other. It is the cylinder with the bleed bolt (m6/m6 i believe?) - and it does not come out as far as the other side.

It affects the performance of the brake massively! - Please help if you can? - What could be wrong.

It never used to do it. It's ever since I got my limey 320 and the brake had been sitting there.

Thanks,

Danny.

Get some kind of oil i used cooking oil,

pump the lever loads then spray the pistons and then bleed it with water again will sort it hopefully

as it sounds like sticky pistons

At least get de-ionised water if you can. Tap water will work, but it does corrode the maguras long term.

As Ryan said, it does sound like sticky pistons, clean the pistons with a toothbrush and then use a lube like finishline wet chain oil (or cooking oil if you're in a rush) on the cylinders and lever pistons. (With a water bleed! Don't mix oil and water for the brake fluid)

So bleed it with cooking oil,

spray the piston (with what)

then bleed with water again yeah?

No

Bleed it with water.

Spray piston with cooking oil.

is what Ryan is saying.

Personally I used to use a bit of maggy oil on the piston.

Best bet is to follow these instructions:

Remove grip from bar.

Remove lever from bar

Undo clamp bolts and remove.

Throw Maggy in the bin

Fit Vee brakes

Proceed to win.

Edited by Matt Vandart

disk brakes fot the win :) get my hope brake and sort out a disk wheel

I do want it lol, but Ima stick with hs33 for the moment and get some TNN Belaey's ;)

SOLVED!

I put Olive Oil on the pistons and it worked ;) Thanks for all the help guys!

Edited by dannytrialskid