Bottom Bracket Problem

terry_harris

hi all. ive got a zoo python and as my bottom bracket was fairly worn i thought id upgrade, so rang up tarty's and was told i needed a

128mm x 68mm but when i fitted it then put my cranks back on the drive side crank seems to not go on enough and it makes my chain not in line so my chain skips on rear sprocket can anyone shed any light on this thank you. (Y)

So the crank arm isn't going onto the splines all the way to the end of the axle? If that's the case the best thing to do is put the cranks on and ride around and keep tightening it up every 5 minutes or so as the crank will slowly work towards being a looser fit as you ride it. My cranks and reset bb have taken a couple of weeks to get the crank all the way up to the end on the drive side and the non drive side still has a couple of mm to go before it's fully on.

If your skipping problem makes the bike unrideable, is there any way for you to fit a different rear sprocket in order to adjust your chainline slightly?