Trials Clubs/parks In Scotland

sandeeebeach219

Hey

Really want to go to some kind of trials park but dont know where any are...

Ive heard some names but dont know where to find them. ONly one i know is at Haddington?

Where are the others?

Thanks

Haddington has the only club in Scotland. I know there is a trials park in Barrhead, just south of Glasgow. Ask Ross Mcarthur about it.

The club wil be up and running soon, keep an eye on the bike trial federation website and here under scottish club. As David said there are routes and plenty of advice and bannter for everyone. We had lads on Sunday that had never been on a trials bike and had a great day. (santa is having a bike rack put on his sled for xmas this year in Haddington) please come along bring yer mates and join in the fun

The club wil be up and running soon, keep an eye on the bike trial federation website and here under scottish club. As David said there are routes and plenty of advice and bannter for everyone. We had lads on Sunday that had never been on a trials bike and had a great day. (santa is having a bike rack put on his sled for xmas this year in Haddington) please come along bring yer mates and join in the fun

Sounds good man,

So we can just come along and have a ride around?

Is it free or what......?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

When phantassie is up and running next year there will be a yearly or daily membership deal for practise days but that will be up to Phantassie and nothing to do with me or the club.( cover for insurance and there running costs) It just a indoor place to ride. I and with the offers of some others will advise on using it for trials. It is a BMX/skate park first and foremost. But as you know you can make sections out of anything. The xmas fun training day if I can get it will be free. I dont know about costs for using the trials park near Glasgow. Ross?

The comps next year will have an entry fee but that is just to cover costs like insurances and running expensise.

Hope that clears upa few misunderstandings.

Kevin

Hi Guys,

When phantassie is up and running next year there will be a yearly or daily membership deal for practise days but that will be up to Phantassie and nothing to do with me or the club.( cover for insurance and there running costs) It just a indoor place to ride. I and with the offers of some others will advise on using it for trials. It is a BMX/skate park first and foremost. But as you know you can make sections out of anything. The xmas fun training day if I can get it will be free. I dont know about costs for using the trials park near Glasgow. Ross?

The comps next year will have an entry fee but that is just to cover costs like insurances and running expensise.

Hope that clears upa few misunderstandings.

Kevin

Is Phantassie in Dunbar Kevin?

It has moved to huge old warehouse and should be open by April with ramps, bowl, mega street layout and a climbing wall. (they have binned the foam pit to make the the street area bigger) shame!!.

Nice! Shame about the foam pit though, always wanted a shot in one of them. When do you reckon you'll get a club website up and running?

The trials park you are referring about in glasgow is iain shankies place( bob macgregor acadamy) I'm guessing might be wrong. Park is for motorcycle trials mainly but also cycle trials. iains put loads and loads of work into it and its still on going. plenty hand made stuff and natural rocks in there to. would be great to get a summer ride down there once the park is all finished!!!!

Nice! Shame about the foam pit though, always wanted a shot in one of them. When do you reckon you'll get a club website up and running?

I am hoping that me and Johhny can get something up and running soon so we can get the scottish champs dates posted as well as other rounds of interest.