2007 Typhoon, 09 Python, 08 Typhoon

gu trials

Out of the 3, the 2007 has the best quality manufacturing. It's also the one that's broken the least.

09 Python I've seen a few sketchy ones with really sloppy welds for a £400 frame. 08 Typhoons are fragile due to design and the Chinese riders have told me before that 2008 was the worst year in terms of frame quality as Deng was switching around factories.

I've got a 09 Python, it's just awesome. I can't understand why they stop selling them anymore, because it's strong as hell. I've crashed a lot of times, hit it and, one year and 3 months afterwards, it has only one dent, and a very tiny crack over the booster weld. The problem is its high price (it cost me 450 € here in Spain), as you don't mind weight (I guess). Anyway, I love the look of the 08 Typhoon, but they all break, I've seen around 7 or 8 broken in a half. (Guessing: I've seen they all break over the bashplate weld, may be a solution running a bashring?). And I don't know anything about the 07 Tp.

My opinion is, I'd choose the Python between them, but I do prefer the look of a 06 Python, cheaper, probably stronger, and with no bashplate weld.

Hope this helps! And sorry about my English, I'm Spanish :rolleyes:

If you can get one, Gu 2007 TP. Best frame GU have done in my opinion. Strong, not overly heavy and look great. To put it into context my mates riden his for 2 years now doing big gaps. drops, hooks and such, 10ft gaps are reagular as are big hard lanfing drops, and not a single crack has appeared.

The Zoo Python 09 is another good frame too, if not a little on the heavy side, but feel great to ride :)