Schwalbe Rocket Ron's

JohnyMilton

Hello, just wanted to put a post up to see if any one has used a Schwalbe Rocket Ron on the front. I have a pretty sh*te tyre(Conti Air King) on the front at the moment, only reason I put it on, was because it was light, but due to it being crap I'm changing it. Now I have not heard of many people using a Rocket Ron's, so just wondered if any has used one on the front end?

I have one in the shop at the moment, it's silly light(480grams) and has reasonable puncture protection. So I am not sure if it is worth using it as I don't see many people using Schwalbe tyre's for trials, so has anyone got any feedback about them, or any thoughts on them?

Here is a picture of the tyre, and thread...

post-12085-0-80043000-1291828393_thumb.j

Edited by JohnyMilton

cant stand their tyres. The Rocket Ron uses a hard compound suitable for xc where low rolling resistance and long wear life are pretty important. Also having the weight 480g and "reasonable puncture protection" does not compute!

Having such a light tyre is fine if you only ever ride the bike on the rear wheel, but once you start riding properly (not aimed at you personally) and using the front for stuff, the lack of grip will become an issue and if you want to start doing tech natural, you may find such a light tyre has a lot of "bounce" and will rebound you off rocks when you land not to mention the possibility of getting punctures too.

• Like 1

Also having the weight 480g and "reasonable puncture protection" does not compute!

I say that because I have them one my XC bike, and I havn't had a puncture as of yet(touch wood). I understand though, with trials it has more chance of puncturing.

Thanks for that Ali. (Y)

Edited by JohnyMilton

Check out the Maxxis Aspen tyre instead. Light, MUCH grippier and available in a couple of sizes.

I`ve been riding Schwalbe tyres for a few years and their Muddy Mary 2.35 FR stands out (to me ) as their best tyre for trials (on the rear).

For the front I`ve tried Racing Ralph 2,25 - Rocket Ron 2,25 and Furious Fred 2,25. Surprisingly enough the FF is by far the best front tyre for mixed riding, aswell as being the lightest. Obviously sucks for wet natural...

Still went back to Maxxis though...