Onza Bearing Trouble?

onzajorge

Hey mate,

Ive had to sort out my mates cones on his onza Pro wheelset a few times but they are still ok.

With an open bearing that uses cones, they will inevitably come loose from time to time. Just keep checking them and all should be good :)

However if the bearings are destroyed then yes I would recommend moving to sealed bearing hubs. Both my hubs are sealed bearings and have been running my rear Echo TR hub and front Hope Pro 2 for around a year with no issues at all, still silky smooth.

And as for where and what to get parts wise, I would choose nowhere other than Tartybikes. Brilliant service, reliable and very helpfull should any inquirys arise.

As for parts the Echo TR complete wheels are brilliant. Would look good on the Pro too.

Echo TR front 20" complete

Echo TR rear 19" complete

Hey mate,

Ive had to sort out my mates cones on his onza Pro wheelset a few times but they are still ok.

With an open bearing that uses cones, they will inevitably come loose from time to time. Just keep checking them and all should be good :)

However if the bearings are destroyed then yes I would recommend moving to sealed bearing hubs. Both my hubs are sealed bearings and have been running my rear Echo TR hub and front Hope Pro 2 for around a year with no issues at all, still silky smooth.

And as for where and what to get parts wise, I would choose nowhere other than Tartybikes. Brilliant service, reliable and very helpfull should any inquirys arise.

As for parts the Echo TR complete wheels are brilliant. Would look good on the Pro too.

Echo TR front 20" complete

Echo TR rear 19" complete

Hey pal...

yeah cheers very helpful... te link u sent is that complete cartridge hub too or just wheel i cant see my comp wont load it properly. XD cheers will check out tartybikes then.

cheers mate xx

to put it one way, my mate used to run a trialtech race open rear hub. That was ruined in less than a week from new. At the other end, my mate nathan has an old echo sealed hub thats about 4 years old and has been through several riders and is still super smooth.

to put it one way, my mate used to run a trialtech race open rear hub. That was ruined in less than a week from new.

To be fair he probally didn't keep the cones tight if it ate itself that quickly, but this just backs up my theory of the open bearing hubs being hassle ;)

i to have this problem with my bearings on my onza and have to strip clean and rebuild them every few weeks and they never run perfectly smooth

im looking at getting sealed but need to sort my freewheel, cranks and pedals out first lol

Are you greasing them properly afterwards??

Hi,

Cheers for the advise, the link that Sam posted helped alot i have been looking around and some of the info on wheels on tarty bikes tells you whether its sealed bearings or not. And that link doesn't say. I know Sam replied saying they are, just wondering if thats definate because just wanna make sure before i buy.

Cheers

Are you greasing them properly afterwards??

yeah. the but the bike was second hand when i got it and it had not been looked after so the bearings are on their way out anyway

and the first time i did it i forgot to tighten the rear one properly and it got loads of crap in it.

i try and do them every so often just to keep it running as smooth as possible.

still going to get sealed though

defo sealed bearings. My brothers got the TR rear wheel, and with me setting it up, I can say it does. Brilliant wheels in my opinion. I can personaly say the echo hubs are brilliant. As mentioned earlier, im running the tr hub and is super smooth :)

defo sealed bearings. My brothers got the TR rear wheel, and with me setting it up, I can say it does. Brilliant wheels in my opinion. I can personaly say the echo hubs are brilliant. As mentioned earlier, im running the tr hub and is super smooth :)

Sweet cers for cleaing up mate... i know what my next investment is then