Because Tgs 24"

indianatrials

Well i was going to wait until i got my video done to post up pics of this bike, but due to some recent injuries and me being super bored im just going to post it up now.

Spec:

Because TGS 24" frame in blue (I dont think many of them were made in this color?)

Echo Urban disc/vee forks

Because hubs

Echo TR rear rim

Because front rim (lightest 24" trials rim you can buy)

Rear Kenda Nevegal Tire (every third knob cut off, saved 80 grams)

Front DMR moto digger tire

Trialtech lite BB

Echo TR cranks

Rockman 72p freewheel

Cut and drilled neon Bashring

KMC K710sl chain (never broke one)

V!z welded 150x30 stem

Because riser bars

Echo SL headset

Modified Wellgo MG1 pedals

Brakes: Avid SD7 levers, deore arms, neon v adapters, front heatsink yellow and rear rockman blue pads, White jagwire kevlar cable.

Running 18/14 gear ratio.

Measured Geo:

1062 WB

+63 BB

372 CS

I love this bike! The geo is spot on, and its just super comfy to ride. Its a little on the heavy side at 21.1 lbs. but it will get lighter with some new parts like lighter tires and bars. I love the 24" wheels, they feel so much more agile than a stock. The only things that i dont like about the slightly smaller wheels, is that tire choices are very limited, the nevegal is an ok tire but it is suuuuper heavy and really isnt the greates grip wise. The holy rollers are light but extremely squirmy on the rear wheel. So, i guess until tryall or continental make a trials specific 24" tire the nevegal will do. And i definetely noticed that the 24" wheel is harder to tap than a 26".

The brakes are immense, i went dual vee because they are light, cheap, and super easy for me to get parts for since i work at a shop. I would never do anything else on the rear, the bite and hold is astounding with a good setup. On the front they are just ok, you have to be really picky about what pads you use to make them work properly.

087.jpg

088.jpg

089.jpg

Thanks to Matt at MBT and Kevin Liu at wherestheseat!

Comments welcomed and appreciated! :)

Wow thats really nice. Is it just a because simple 24 or? Not heard of because TGS o.O.

Thanksmate! The simple 24 has a seat and more streety geo, this one obviously is seatless and with much more trialsy geo.

nice one right there !

because for the win !

I wouldn't count on those rear spokes, doesn't look very straight :P

Thanks fellow because rider! :P Yeah the person that owned it before me didnt take the sprocket off before he debuilt his wheel, so when i went to build it up to my rim i had to bend the spokes around the sprocket. :P It works fine though, the wheel is very true and the spoke tension is decent haha.

Thanksmate! The simple 24 has a seat and more streety geo, this one obviously is seatless and with much more trialsy geo.

Thanks fellow because rider! :P Yeah the person that owned it before me didnt take the sprocket off before he debuilt his wheel, so when i went to build it up to my rim i had to bend the spokes around the sprocket. :P It works fine though, the wheel is very true and the spoke tension is decent haha.

haha, good to hear ! well hope you enjoy the ride! I shure do :D

Nice!

V on the front is only OK????????????

V on the front is lethal!

I got Vee's with only cheapy black pads on the front of my Zebdi and it is bar flippingly good!

Thanks. yeah i havent really messed with them much yet, the heatsink pads are almost gone so im going to get some of the beleay pads, hopefully that will help.

I don't get how you haven't broken one of those SL chains! I snapped one before, and with the amount 710s stretch normally the holes just make things worse.

Other than that, a nice looking bike (Y)

Yeah, ive had 2 of them, never had a problem, ive rode 2 comps on them and i ride an hour a day in the summer with no problems, they do stretch a TON though so i replace them about every 2 1/2 months.

Thanks