Internal Headset Help

Paperclip

Hey Trials-forum,

I recently got a new frame from Tart, Unlike every other frame I've owned this takes internal headset, with the stuff I got from Tart's due too lack of funding for everything I needed I got the cheap headset, Mainly too put me on until I could fund a better one, Threw the crap weather we've had the headset's managed too beat my wallet and die on me.

I cannot afford a hope so I'm looking on chain reaction for any sealed headset for a pretty low price really,

Here's what I've found HEADSET

Would this fit my Ozony's and if not is there any on there that would, This is a pretty poor effort on my behalf I usually know my bike from top too bottom but I have no clue what fits there's at least 4 other size's I've seen on there that make no sense too me. I always thought it was standard 1 1/8?

Anyway if someone could help me out it would be brill. (Where's onzaboymark when you need him :$ )

Thanks Guy's.

Looks like a standard 45/45 to me so it should fit

Edit: the full curve builds use these: http://www.bonzbikes.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=30&Itemid=4&lang=en

Looks like you need a semi intergrated

Edit 2 :P : http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/internal_headsets/basic_internal_headset/c88p10869.html tarty says these fit...

Edited by dirt jumper jake

Thanks, Anyone care too clarify?

Would the headset linked in my first post fit?

No it won't, you need an internal or semi-integrated as Jake said. That link you posted is for an integrated headset, with a typically incorrect and shit listing from CRC. The link that Jake posted for the headset on Tarty is what you need.

No it won't, you need an internal or semi-integrated as Jake said. That link you posted is for an integrated headset, with a typically incorrect and shit listing from CRC. The link that Jake posted for the headset on Tarty is what you need.

I currently have a headset from Tarty However the bearings are pretty poor, I've re-greased since fitting it a week back and there still cringing and creaking, I'm just after a sealed bearing headset without having too go the extent of paying £55 pounds as I cannot afford too do so.

Yes it should do, although it doesn't have cartridge bearings according to the description.

This is the cheapest cartridge internal headset I could find on CRC. No cheaper than the Atomz one on Tarty.

Before you rush to spend money though, what is exactly wrong with the current one? Do the bearings feel really rough or are they just creaking? If everything is greased and you are just getting a creak it would suggest something more than bearings, possibly the cups moving in the frame. You can replace the ball bearings on the headset you've got which would be the cheapest option. Aslong as the bearing surfaces aren't damaged it would run great with new bearings. You can just pop the bearings out of the cage and replace them all one by one. Obviously it would be quicker and easier to just replace the whole headset if it is the bearings which are your problem.

P.S. I deserve some rep for typing all that out ;)

• Like 2

Yes it should do, although it doesn't have cartridge bearings according to the description.

This is the cheapest cartridge internal headset I could find on CRC. No cheaper than the Atomz one on Tarty.

Before you rush to spend money though, what is exactly wrong with the current one? Do the bearings feel really rough or are they just creaking? If everything is greased and you are just getting a creak it would suggest something more than bearings, possibly the cups moving in the frame. You can replace the ball bearings on the headset you've got which would be the cheapest option. Aslong as the bearing surfaces aren't damaged it would run great with new bearings. You can just pop the bearings out of the cage and replace them all one by one. Obviously it would be quicker and easier to just replace the whole headset if it is the bearings which are your problem.

P.S. I deserve some rep for typing all that out ;)

I'd give you a hug if I could, My problems with the headset I am running now is the headset keeps locking up on me, I used a tiny dose of LM grease while fitting as they dident look up too much at the start, I've had problems with this type of bearing in the past, Id much rather start a fresh with a headset using the better style bearing. The cup's went in nice and snug so I can only put it down too being a crap headset really.

If the headset linked will do the job for the price It will be ideal for me, Id have got a atomz one at the start if tarty had them in stock.

Thanks for the help dude, Proving there are still people who would put them selves out for others on this forum :) And too dirt jumper jake also.