Magura Louise Bat 09

AJ9604

The magura louise is a good brake. I've never personally used one on the rear but have done on the front. I'd say there about 95% as powerful as a hope not as much feel though a touch wooden prehaps but they are a fair bit cheaper too so you get what you pay for. Several manufacturers have used them on their full builds so their not completely useless!

If you can live without that glass like infiniate modulation of the hope brakes the louise is very good, i used a braided hose and sintered pads which helped also. But its down to you mate.

I've just got hold of a hope tech trial for the rear with a 180mm disc so hopefully that will give me enough power, as the last setup I was running was rear hs33 with lgm's, how do these two setups compare power, bite and hold wise.

Cheers

AJ

I've just got hold of a hope tech trial for the rear with a 180mm disc so hopefully that will give me enough power, as the last setup I was running was rear hs33 with lgm's, how do these two setups compare power, bite and hold wise.

Cheers

AJ

Difficult to say without knowing the full setup but the disks should be as good if they're set up well.

disk has less bite i believe, making it easier to modulate and it also wont be effected by a buckled rim.