Onza Pro Wheelset

l33th3tr33

I'm in need of new wheels to tie me over for a little while, And the Pro wheelset seems the only cheap option.

I'll be riding in the dry so the open bearings don't really bother me, It's just I'm not too keen on the lack of fun bolts.

It's only temporary to get me riding, and I'll be getting better wheels later on in the year, but would like some opinions.

What's everyones opinion on these wheels, are they any good?

I'm in need of new wheels to tie me over for a little while, And the Pro wheelset seems the only cheap option.

I'll be riding in the dry so the open bearings don't really bother me, It's just I'm not too keen on the lack of fun bolts.

Well i wouldn't worry about that, as strictly speaking onl Chris King HD hubs use fun bolts. But they do use allen bolts on the front and a nutted rear axle, so you shouldn't have any problems with them not being held securely in the dropouts.

If you aren't worried about the extra maintenance on adjusting cones, cleaning and lubing the bearings then i don't think you'll have any issues.

You might wanna watch that vid a few times now, because you will be tightening those cones every couple of days, had massive problems with these wheels and so did everyone else I know that had a 2010 pro, tried everything to stop them coming undone, in short they are shit.

The rims themselves are fine.

Edited by Matt Vandart

You might wanna watch that vid a few times now, because you will be tightening those cones every couple of days, had massive problems with these wheels and so did everyone else I know that had a 2010 pro, tried everything to stop them coming undone, in short they are shit.

The rims themselves are fine.

In that case, I'll wait to get the tr wheels. Thanks!