Heatsink Pads

dundy9

thinking about going back to front magura on my mod and wondered weather it would be worth getting some heatsink blue pads or heat sink yellows

anybody know how the blue pads perform

eg hold

grip

bite

weather you need a rim grind or not

pad life

currently running some heatsink cnc yellows on the rear.

Blues on a smooth rim are really good, but as with all smooth rim set ups shite in the wet :)

yer thats the only downfall im facing, currently running an avid bb7 which is good but it doesnt offer what i was looking for the instant stop! and the magura with a decent set of pads will offer this.

its a 160 rotor, only problem is while im using a good quality cable and an avid sd7 lever im still having to use 2 fingers and its just not good for me. offers alot of power but i find sometimes im losing my grip and the magura would be alot easier only using the 1.

Hey up bud, I've tested all Heatsink pads on a grind, at the moment I use yellows front and rear, amazing brakes. Also I would recommend the hsb cousts on front with a grind. Blues are a big no no on front with a grind unless you fancy snapping your forks, on or off, the braking power of these are unreal and makes it hard to control. Not great in wet either. Yellow for the win.

Edited by gary-mac

Hey up bud, I've tested all Heatsink pads on a grind, at the moment I use yellows front and rear, amazing brakes. Also I would recommend the hsb cousts on front with a grind. Blues are a big no no on front with a grind unless you fancy snapping your forks, on or off, the braking power of these are unreal and makes it hard to control. Not great in wet either. Yellow for the win.

cheers for the info, yer i kinda value my face dont fancy going over the bars with the raw power of the blues. shall be ordering the yellows when i come into some money along with a new echo tr lever.

its a 160 rotor, only problem is while im using a good quality cable and an avid sd7 lever im still having to use 2 fingers and its just not good for me. offers alot of power but i find sometimes im losing my grip and the magura would be alot easier only using the 1.

I think you should try (if you havn't already done this.) make sure your inboard pad (the pad cloesest to the wheel) is as close to the disc as you can get it without rubbing, the way a bb7 works is that it bends the rotor onto the other pad. Doing this should increase your bite and hold.

cheers for the info, yer i kinda value my face dont fancy going over the bars with the raw power of the blues. shall be ordering the yellows when i come into some money along with a new echo tr lever.

Yip same set up i have. HSB yellows, sharp medium grind, magura slaves,echo 2011 tr lever with anti freeze-water bleed. You won't be dissapointed. work a treat in the wet aswell. One thing you need to do though is buy a new METAL cutting disc for grinder, tried all sorts of disc and this works best by FAR.

Yip same set up i have. HSB yellows, sharp medium grind, magura slaves,echo 2011 tr lever with anti freeze-water bleed. You won't be dissapointed. work a treat in the wet aswell. One thing you need to do though is buy a new METAL cutting disc for grinder, tried all sorts of disc and this works best by FAR.

yer i think il stick to that setup. metal cutting disks are all ive ever used can get some of the best grinds out of them. the echo tr levers are alot better ive found then the standard magura in terms of usability and feel of the brake also ive broken so many metal tpas just by pulling them, all of them broken half way down the push rod threads. the echo tr tpas design is a much more refined system.