Atomz Inboard Tensioner

Trials Punk

Yo All,

Has anyone ever tried the Atomz Inboard Tensioner View Here

I was looking for something that would be kept out of the way and look nice and tidy at the same time. I tried making a homemade 74kingz tensioner, but it seems with a zoo pirhana there is way to much chain slack and it just looked gash.

So does anyone know if these are up to much?

Cheers

They're quite handy compared to normal hanger mount tensioners since they stay out of the way and don't break hangers. Depending on your hub, you may be able to run it. I've had it on an Echo TR before. To mount it, you just take off the drive side spacer and slot on the Atomz tensioner using the hole where the hanger bolt usually is. It's a 10mm hole, or close to it, some drilling may be required if it's not a perfect fit or you happen to have a 12mm axle.

In the case that your hub has the bearings showing, you'll probably need to fabricate some sort of spacer to sit in between the bearing's inner race and the tensioner's arm otherwise when you tighten the axle down the tension arm will rub against both the inner and outer race of the bearing causing it to bind. The easiest way to do this is to pop down to the hardware store and pickup the smallest washer that will fit on your axle and then take an angle grinder to it and grind it down so the total diameter of the washer is larger than the inner race but smaller than the outer race.

It's a bit of a effort, but a good investment especially if you're a left foot forward kind of person.

Let me know if that explanation wasn't clear enough ;)

would that not just fit on the hanger but bolt onto the inside of it rather than the outside to mean that it sticks out less?

i reckon in practice it would make little difference as most people break tensioners/hangers side hopping and slipping straight onto it, rather than actually catching it, though obviously it would be a little harder to land on.

would that not just fit on the hanger but bolt onto the inside of it rather than the outside to mean that it sticks out less?

i reckon in practice it would make little difference as most people break tensioners/hangers side hopping and slipping straight onto it, rather than actually catching it, though obviously it would be a little harder to land on.

Haha, indeed. That is the normal way to mount it, I just assumed the OP was after the axle mounting possibility.