Freewheel Question

davidbarr

Quick question about my freewheel. It is a Rockman 72 click. The outer ring of the freewheel has a very small side to side movement. This happened on my old tensile freewheel and i did nothing about and it soon broke. Do I need to tighten the lockring or something?

All the freewheels ive used seem to rock slightly from side to side so I dont think so. Saying that my tensile freewheel is on the way out and that rocks quite a bit

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I'm going on holiday on Thursday and if something goes wrong I'm screwed :( So want to fix whatever could be wrong with it now.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I'm going on holiday on Thursday and if something goes wrong I'm screwed :( So want to fix whatever could be wrong with it now.

my tensile one has held up since January and has been wobbling since I got it, touch wood it holds until my birthday when I can get an echo sl

i think i have the same problem with my tensile 72 click. when its on the bike and all done up properly.. if you spin the cranks backwards.. does the chain go up and down? like its slackening and then tightening again?

It's normal for the chain to do that :)

• 2 weeks later...