Needs Some Parts But Cant Fined Any On The Web

lucas-87

Hey guys i used to be in to trials riding years ago and i'm just getting back into it on my old bike but over the years it seem's to have lost some parts thanx to my brother i want them to be cheap and chearfull for now i need

1. crank arms both sides including front sprocket

2. front and rear tyres innertubes

3. brakes front and rear

Any help would be ace as i really want to ride it its a onza t bird by the way :)

Depends if your looking for used or new stuff? If your looking for new then tartybikes are the best place to start they have pretty much everything, however second hand try pinkbike and ebay (alright for new stuff too). On a side note i started running front freewheel the other day and I found second hand cranks are very hard to find if thats what your lookin for, and i assume u want a screw on sprocket? Make sure it has a wide base or you will do as i did and strip your threads on your cranks or hub in a matter of minutes :(

hope this helps :)

UMMMMMMM not sure what u mean by wide base etc sorry i will explain abit better i have a onza t bird it has the bottom bracket but no arms it also needs front and rear tyres, tubes, and rubber band things that go on the rim ?? but i dont no what size rear tyre to order or what size crank arms to get please help if you can ??

UMMMMMMM not sure what u mean by wide base etc sorry i will explain abit better i have a onza t bird it has the bottom bracket but no arms it also needs front and rear tyres, tubes, and rubber band things that go on the rim ?? but i dont no what size rear tyre to order or what size crank arms to get please help if you can ??

I've actually got some t-bird tyres lying around if you want them.

Well with regard to your drivetrian set up i think the bird comes with spider cranks as stock however as i see it there are 3 types of set up you can have depending on where you want to run your freewheel (provided it is external to the hub)

1. spider with arms at the fron freewheel at the back

2. fixed sprocket at the front freewheel at the back

3. freewheel at the front fixed sprocket at the back

Most low end bikes run setup 1 and higher models set up 3. I recently went from 1 to 3. However if you wanted to change from 2-3 or visa versa it would not be a problem as both of freewheel and sprockets screw on. As you are buying cranks you now have a choice of what to run weather you get spider cranks or threaded. (Also sounds like you have a square tapered bb so make sure you get the right ones.)I recommend 3 as it has weight saving and positioning advantages in terms of chain and freewheel and allows better clearance for a bash plate, although I do not yet speak from experience of this setup, just what i've read.

My comment about base width, is when I stripped the hub the sprocket is obviously attached to a round collar which is threaded to screw on, therefore the wider the base the more threads in contact and the lower the force per thread making it less likely to strip :)

To start out buy maxis creepy crawler tyres from chian reaction cycles, I found them the chapest and there pretty good especially at the price.

Hope this helps

Oh right that's awesome and makes some sense i'm not the brightest with bike i just ride them lol i will take some pics and post in this thread tomorrow and then could you tell me what i need etc sorry to be a mega pain in the arse :(

You can have them for the price of postage dude!

Oh awesome :D do you have the fat rear tyre aswell i think there 19" if so ile deffo have them if there in good nick my email is lucas-87@hotmail.co.uk send me your paypal details and ile drop you £10 or however much pp is :)