Running 18:16

STEVE-0

Hi Guys,

Looking to upgrade my 26" frame very soon...as most frames these days are designed to take 18:15 gear ratio has anyone got any solutions to running 18:16 without any trouble. The main frame I'm interested in is the Rockman Slate 3.

For example, does running a half link within a normal chain work or is it a death sentence?

I remember the Koxx Hydroxx Lt threw in some issues for some people, how did you solve them?

Cheers,

Steve-o x

74 kingz are not available anywhere unless you are fortunate to find a used one for sale.

Steve, I am riding the 2011 Echo Pure, I am also running 18:16. My previous frame was the Zoo Piranha 2009, this had vertical dropouts, but was still designed for 18:15 when run with the Echo TR/SL tensioner.

For both of these frames I have had to use the Koxx half link within my KMC chain. This is run perfectly with no problems what so ever. I have just taken my half link out my chain on my echo, the chain runs fine though a little tight and the tyre is very close to the bb yoke, but it's all running fine at the moment.

74 kingz are not available anywhere unless you are fortunate to find a used one for sale.

Steve, I am riding the 2011 Echo Pure, I am also running 18:16. My previous frame was the Zoo Piranha 2009, this had vertical dropouts, but was still designed for 18:15 when run with the Echo TR/SL tensioner.

For both of these frames I have had to use the Koxx half link within my KMC chain. This is run perfectly with no problems what so ever. I have just taken my half link out my chain on my echo, the chain runs fine though a little tight and the tyre is very close to the bb yoke, but it's all running fine at the moment.

Cool, so it does work then. Why did you decide to take it out? Just because you thought you could get away with it?