Rim Tape: Onza Blue

Rear wheel

Hub: Hope Pro 2 Trials

Casette Lock Ring: Gusset

SS kit: Hope

Rim: Echo Tr Rear

Rim Tape: Onza Blue

Weight: 10.4kg

Only ridden round yard so far rear disc not bed in yet. However with the new bars and stem which arrived today it is soooo much better than before, they are right about the short stems making 24" bikes awesome.

Im not sold on the blue rim tapes yet either i thought it would look good against the gunsmoke hubs when i ordered them but im sure it will grow on me.

Special Thanks to D'arcy From Biketrialsnz for the frame, forks, rims and wheelbuilds. And to Tartybikes for Their Awesome Service... i still cant believe my order got all the way to New Zealand in 3 thats right 3 working day... Stoked

Cheers

Edited by nztrials

Why has no one replyed to this bike, its really nice! however bad move with the rockman grips mine ripped on the first ride because i wore gloves.

Thanks for replying, I'm going to have to disagree with you on the rockman grips. Ive run them for the last six months on my 26" echo and true i did rip one grip during a crash but other than that they have lasted well. Much better that the echo grips i ran prior which i wore through. plus these are much lighter than rubber grips, so in my book they are a double win!

Thanks for replying, I'm going to have to disagree with you on the rockman grips. Ive run them for the last six months on my 26" echo and true i did rip one grip during a crash but other than that they have lasted well. Much better that the echo grips i ran prior which i wore through. plus these are much lighter than rubber grips, so in my book they are a double win!

My rockman grips are nice, I previously ran trialtech foams but. Found the go very course after about a month, rockmans are still going strong and still soft!

I agree, rockmans are very soft and comfortable! However for me didn't last long :( back to trial tech's

Just checked i got the thick ones :blink: Cant immagen what thin must be like.

Too right. I recently tried some ESI Chunky grips http://www.esigrips.com/

It was like riding with Suspension however they were a tad big for my little hands, plus the rockmans are 40g lighter

Beautiful, that blue looks awesome mate. (Y)

Cheers I'm Still considering getting some white rim tape though. I think it looked a lot nicer before when i was running masking tape (waiting for my tarty order)

Is the other bike yours too and what is it?

Yes The Echo 26" is mine its a 2009 Echo control frame, Echo sl wheels, ti freewheel, 170mm sl cranks, tr pedals, reset ti bb, rockman stem and carbon bars, and Maxxis tires. Weights 8.4kg at the moment. When i get some money together id like to change the frame to the new echo pure and possibly go for some lighter rims to get it under 8 kg but I'm happy with it as it is for now. going to echo urban forks when Biketrialsnz gets them back in stock as the sl forks on it at the moment are far to flexy for my liking

Here it is on otn http://www.observedtrials.net/vb/showthread.php?t=40883

Edited by nztrials

Why your rotors are not mounted in the correct sense ?

I only just noticed that then haha In my defence the bike was thrown together in a hurry

They are 2 lovely bikes :)

by correct sense you REAR one is on backwards? :P

Thankyou. I assume you mean rear disc and as above

Edited by nztrials

Looks pretty good man. How do those echo's ride with dual disc? Seriously man those Blue rim tapes have got to GO! Black or white For The Win!

Cheers Mate, yea rides well first dual disk trials bike ive had, still getting used to the extra weight so far back on the bike. Might have to make up something to replace the rim tapes they are a bit overpowering to look at

love that 26" :$

Thanks Yea I love riding it. Looking forward to next weekend, driving down to New Plymouth to do a demo with another New Zealand rider Matt Foster and Im taking my Beta down to ride the North Island Moto-trials Championships... Should be awesome!

So i had a bit off free time today so i got the grinder and my file out and took the hs33 mounts off, while i was at it i made a spoke chain tensioner which seems to be working good now, Changed to a KMC Z610, and then while i was turning the brake disks around i had a go at brakeless for a bit... not really me.

Brakes are back on now.

Bike weight is down under 10kg now half-link chain and tensile tensioner must be heavier than i thought.

DSC08240.jpg

DSC08237.jpg

DSC08236.jpg

DSC08238.jpg

DSC08234.jpg

DSC08235.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...