Bike Build

cubechris

Hello All,

I have been riding MTB's for a while now and have decided to give Trials a go. I have been doing some research and to get the kind of bike i want i am looking to build one myself. Just a few things i am unsure of, i am thinking of going for 24" wheel's but im not sure what size frame i want? Does this depend on my size?

My overall budget for the built is around the £350 - £400 mark but over time the excitment might push this up a bit. Also as its my first trials bike the frame and other parts will be taking some stick/damage so i dont want to be spending loads on these part's as eventually i will upgrade them. With that in mind i still want them to be decent part's for a beginner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Hello All,

I have been riding MTB's for a while now and have decided to give Trials a go. I have been doing some research and to get the kind of bike i want i am looking to build one myself. Just a few things i am unsure of, i am thinking of going for 24" wheel's but im not sure what size frame i want? Does this depend on my size?

My overall budget for the built is around the £350 - £400 mark but over time the excitment might push this up a bit. Also as its my first trials bike the frame and other parts will be taking some stick/damage so i dont want to be spending loads on these part's as eventually i will upgrade them. With that in mind i still want them to be decent part's for a beginner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Many Thanks,

Chris.

Drop me a pm, Il soon sort you out with 24/26inch old school trials frame. i ran it as 24inch with rear disc.

I dont think you'll manage to build a bike on that price mate, unless you dont mind getting everything second hand?

I don't mind buying a few bit's second hand, like i said over time i will upgrade as i get more into it. The budget is flexible as i am not 100% sure on what parts to buy etc.

Drop me a pm, Il soon sort you out with 24/26inch old school trials frame. i ran it as 24inch with rear disc.

What have you got for sale??

you can get a full new bike from Tartybikes.com for that price. Stick with some cheaper/ easier to replace parts until your are settled and confident on the bike.

The cheapest 24" bike on Tarty is £540. I'd rather build one with mixed new and used parts, i wouldn't fancy ruining a brand new bike.

eBay. Picked my Onza T pro up for £50. Be warned though, trials bikes are nothing like MTBs (like doh!)and when I get back on my big bike it feels really odd BUT it is certainly adding to my trail ridding skills. Good fun!

Trials is a great way of improving your general riding.

• 2 weeks later...