Beginner

KNOBIS!

Hi all,

Im new to this forum so i shall introduce myself! Im aaron, im 16 and ive always wanted to begin trials riding. Yesturday i ordered a Mad Phase 1.2 :D Never been on a trials bike in my life so god knows what will happen! I am a mountain biker though and ive pretty much mastered 'trackstanding'. Anyone got any advice for me? How should i get started etc? Is this bike any good for a beginner? Any advice greatly apreciated!

Cheers, Aaron.

Hi all,

Im new to this forum so i shall introduce myself! Im aaron, im 16 and ive always wanted to begin trials riding. Yesturday i ordered a Mad Phase 1.2 :D Never been on a trials bike in my life so god knows what will happen! I am a mountain biker though and ive pretty much mastered 'trackstanding'. Anyone got any advice for me? How should i get started etc? Is this bike any good for a beginner? Any advice greatly apreciated!

Cheers, Aaron.

Hi Aaron, welcome! Your first port of call when learning and progressing is hereTrashzen and then watch Ryan Leech's Mastering the Art of Trials videos on Vimeo here

...and practice!

Enjoy dude

Chris

Thank you very much Chris! Very helpful website :) Also while im here i was just wondering what the best way to convert to singlespeed is? Cus i dont think i can be bothered with hangers and levers etc..

Thanks again

I've never done it before so I dont know if there is an easier way than This option but call the boys at Tarty Bikes they are really helpful.

Edited by kaybs41282

Best way to singlespeed a phase is to purchase a singlespeed spacer kit and decide what tooth sprocket to go for and buy a tensioner.

Take a look over at tartybikes.com

That place will be your Mecca for trials parts.

Hope this helps.

Also start collecting 'things' to ride on/over such as pallets, logs, car wheels etc. Then you can lay them out in progressively more challenging and interesting ways and you don't even need to leave your garden to 'ride some thing different'.

the way I started was to practice 'rocking' ride along put both ur brakes on and do an endo then start rocking front to back wheel with both your brakes jammed on.

once you'v got that try turning on your front wheel this is that best way to get off a wall ect when u first start. and another thing you can do with this which is cool is rock walking where you do a 180 on the front to a 180 on the back, defo check out all the ryan leech tutorials.