Stuck Tpa Adjuster Tips

Lewis Gething

Hi guys i was wondering if anyone could give me any good suggestions regarding HS33 '05 TPA adjusters. Mine has decided to stick completely and i can not loosen it (or tighten it) with man power alone. It would be awesome if someone could give me their secret ingredients on how to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

Haha my tpa or the search thingy or both?

TPA haha, turn the lever so it is facing up, take the lever off and hit the tpa with a screw driver so it unscrews, it should fall to pieces, then either find a bolt (cant remember the size) and replace the red wheel with the bolt and put it back together, or replace the old tpa with something like this.

TPA haha, turn the lever so it is facing up, take the lever off and hit the tpa with a screw driver so it unscrews, it should fall to pieces, then either find a bolt (cant remember the size) and replace the red wheel with the bolt and put it back together, or replace the old tpa with something like this.

I had a TPA which was stuck and all it required was a firm tug.

Looking at the TPA and metal part - is it stuck all the way out? If so then this seems a pretty commonn way to get it stuck and it's normally because people have not put the cylinders in the wrong place as normally this is not possible (the pads hitting the rim stop this).

If this is the case then you can normally simply take the lever off and give the metal part a tug with pliers or similar and it will normally come out. Then carefully screw it back in and you should be good to go!