Complete Newbie Bike Advice

Flashy

Hi

I'm totally new to this, but fancy having a go. What would be a good bike to start with. Ideally 20" wheels, v brake. It's for over in the park, when I haven't got enough time to ride the MTB over to trails and ride. Happy to pay OK money and work on the principle I can flog it if it's not for me or dead cheap and ride it 'til it drops. Can do work, but I'm not keen on buying too many bits.

Cheers

Pete

Hi

I'm totally new to this, but fancy having a go. What would be a good bike to start with. Ideally 20" wheels, v brake. It's for over in the park, when I haven't got enough time to ride the MTB over to trails and ride. Happy to pay OK money and work on the principle I can flog it if it's not for me or dead cheap and ride it 'til it drops. Can do work, but I'm not keen on buying too many bits.

Cheers

Pete

Hey Pete!

u wanna check out the bikes at http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/ as everybody says the onza rip up to the onza pro should b good starter bikes, they all have vees and cost from around 297 GBP up to 400 something... im a noob myself ,but ive been checking these bikes out and think they might b just what u want! :D

Edited by Agram

Hey Pete!

u wanna check out the bikes at http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/ as everybody says the onza rip up to the onza pro should b good starter bikes, they all have vees and cost from around 297 GBP up to 400 something... im a noob myself ,but ive been checking these bikes out and think they might b just what u want! :D

Problem with buying new is if you don't like the sport your resale price will be low.

Too old.

5'7"

I ride SS MTB, 2nd at Bikefest a few weeks back (Old Gits Race). Fixed on the road. I'm normally a Cheesy Rider.

So far been offered Onza, Echo, KO and now a Monty

Edited by Flashy

Too old.

5'7"

I ride SS MTB, 2nd at Bikefest a few weeks back (Old Gits Race). Fixed on the road. I'm normally a Cheesy Rider

This is personal preference but if you have done a lot of mtb you should go stock (26"), but as I said its personal preference

Edited by F.N.G

I rode the 20" Koxx that was for sale recently and that sorted felt so wrong it was right. I live near St Andrews Park. The plan is to practice when I haven't time to get to Ashton Court. There's a nice wall running around it.

What's the difference between long and short frames (apart from the length)?

Edited by Flashy

I rode the 20" Koxx that was for sale recently and that sorted felt so wrong it was right. I live near St Andrews Park. The plan is to practice when I haven't time to get to Ashton Court. There's a nice wall running around it.

What's the difference between long and short frames (apart from the length)?

Isn't that nige's koxx? blue and silver :-

Edited by F.N.G

• 2 weeks later...

second hand if defo the way to go see what you can find on ebay there's some go stuff you could get a onza t-pro for next to nothing great beginner bike.

if you wunna go super cheap onza rip I've got one and it's not bad, you can do all the same moves as any other bike on it.