Sd7 Or What?

Tioz

Hi guys :)

I'm currently running a pair of tektro calipers through SD7 lever and odyssey linea slic cable with inspired phat pads..do you think a pair of SD7 would make the brake even better?

It brakes great but is a pain in the ass to set up and tends to loose the setting after a bit..should I go for a pair of SD7 calipers or a pair of shimano? (wich ones?)

Hi guys :)

I'm currently running a pair of tektro calipers through SD7 lever and odyssey linea slic cable with inspired phat pads..do you think a pair of SD7 would make the brake even better?

It brakes great but is a pain in the ass to set up and tends to loose the setting after a bit..should I go for a pair of SD7 calipers or a pair of shimano? (wich ones?)

SD7 definatly

...tends to loose the setting after a bit...

Hmmm , what actually changes here - is this just normal pad wear and the cable settling or is it a radically different feel / effectiveness ? As to the actual hardware , the SD7s are highly regarded but certainly don't discount Shimano. The XT or even LX arms are superb .

Hmmm , what actually changes here - is this just normal pad wear and the cable settling or is it a radically different feel / effectiveness ? As to the actual hardware , the SD7s are highly regarded but certainly don't discount Shimano. The XT or even LX arms are superb .

The brake arms just change setting on their own..yesterday I wnet to work and the brakes were ok, I got out of work and the left pad was touching the rim while riding :angry:

Also the left arm seems to hit the rim with the wrong toe even if I set it up perfectly..the other day I pulled the lever a few times and you could see the pad climbing up the rim and getting wonky!

Also they're pain in the ass to just setup and the arms have got loads of play

Yeah, I'm interested on a shootout avid vs shimano..which shoul I go for?? SD7 or shimano XT? Can't seem to find a comparison review..what would you say? :turned:

On CNC Shimano LX are 23€, XTs are 29 and SD7 29€ Just tell me wich would be best! :lol:

Edited by Tioz

post-3439-0-25608400-1308665148_thumb.jp

Love 'em (on the rear wheel aswell) and the LX arms were just fine too . Sometimes the V posts on frames are the screw in type and have spanner flats on 'em , ensure they're tightly screwed into the frame !

Screwd all the way!

You say XT over SD7 then?