Echo Tr Hydraulic Disc, 160Mm Or Hs33?

onza wanabe

Hi everyone,

I am looking for people who have rode with the echo tr hydraulic disc brakes as I'm buying the Echo lite 2011 from tarty bikes as its the new frame, It doesn't come with a 4 bolt mount anymore more so I'm stuck as what to get, My choices are buy the Echo lite 2011(dual disk)and give it a try but at the same time i can buy a rear hs33 and the Rockman Maladie frame so if worst comes to worst i can switch and sell the echo frame, If the feedback on the Echo TR Hydraulic disc brakes are good i might just stick to them for a while and so how things go.

Thanks all for reading.

I havn't tried the echo TR disc brake but i rode duel disc for a year(second bike) after coming off duel rim(first bike) and now back to duel rim again (third bike) There a advantages and disc advantages with duel disc:

Advantages:

• Some people prefer the silence of a disc brake, i must admit it is nice and sometimes useful as your able to ride where your not ment to be riding without getting caught from being heard.
  • As your pads wear down you dont notice due to the resivwire.
  • In the rain/wet the disc doesn't go terrible like a rim brake would(without a grind)

Disadvantages:

• I found them quite hard to set up (on the rear) as the disc has to be perfectly straight.
  • If you fail a side-hop (left) fall off something etc then you can easily bend discs which cost to replace or take AGES to straighten to perfect again, however carrilars has recently braught out a disc protector which is stronger than a disc but if you land on it/hit it then IT bends meaning it can rub against the disc, and the protector is VERY hard to straighten.
  • If weight bothers you then disc brakes are heaver than rim brakes.

In my opinion I think the perfect brake set up would have to be rear magura front disc brake.

Also, stay away from the rockman maladie, because I've heard of alot cracking.. (not trying to start a TF argument)

Edited by Laurence--Trials