Trialtech Freewheel

AndyZoo

Need comments opinions and views on the 18T front freewheel from trialtech.

If not sure which one its this: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/complete_freewheels/trialtech_sport_108/c16p11366.html

Anything wrong with them, are they any good?

No bad batchs was sent out was they of these, just the Echo ones.

I need to know because im very weary about freewheels with the skipping.

I want a decent freewheel and was looking at this so send in your views/comments/rating out of 10 please.

i asked about freewheels the other day and every one said get and echo sl without fail!

p.s just looked on tarty and it looks like i got the last echo sl 108 lol worth waiting for them to come back in if peeps are to be believed! :)

Edited by DeVal

i asked about freewheels the other day and every one said get and echo sl without fail!

They are non for sale at tartybikes, a bad batch was sent out and I don't want one of the bad batchs.

If anyone had a brand new one for sale I would buy.

what so your saying the one i got from tarty is from the bad batch. im sure if the guys at tarty knew this they would have sent them back and got them replaced.

mine better be ok! lol

I think tarty didn't sell the bad batch, they sent it back and now they won't be getting any for atleast a month now.

To clear some things up:

- There is no such thing as a 'bad batch' of Echo SL freewheels, and we have certainly not had any.

- Like most freewheels, you need to let the Trialtech bed in. It's filled with grease from the factory, if you ride trials on it from the start it will skip, irreparably damaging the freewheel, and continue to skip. If you bed it in, the grease moves out of the mechanism and the freewheel functions perfectly. If you can't be bothered to bed in/look after your stuff properly then get an SL.

Like you'd bed in a car - not rag the shit out of it from new. Gentle use, no trials.

its like people who think traction control will stop them wiping out on corners if they take them at 90 lol

Or that think they can ride alloy trials bikes like BMX's lol

I rode mine to work and back for a week before I used it for trials which was 1-2 miles each way, and covered it with GT85 every day. Wouldn't that be enough for a bed in?

its like people who think traction control will stop them wiping out on corners if they take them at 90 lol

Or that think they can ride alloy trials bikes like BMX's lol

With respect, it's not like that at all.