Help Newbie Here

Markeeb

Afternoon all,

Well for a couple of years i've always wanted to try a trials bike but never have had the courage to just go out and buy one and also my Mrs would kill me spending a ton on another bike as i've currently got a hard tail and full sus out in our shed that i don't ride so much due to not being able to get out to Aston hill etc due to time.

So i just want to ride street and trials looks like the thing for me. Anyway is there any cheap starter trials bikes out there? Or cheeky question is there anyone that would let me have a quick ride on theres to try it out? :)

Thanks all :)

Onza T-pro get one off ebay pretty cheap, decent bike lots of people start out on them. or if you want cheaper still onza rip I started out on one, they do the job I started out on one, only thing is they have v brakes and not HS33.

If you buy new you'd be lucky to get a third of the original price if you sell, and for the same price you could get a second hand bike of a much higher spec.

I started between 1 and 2 months ago and bought a M.A.D phase 1.2

It's a pretty sweet bike and is allowing me to do significantly more than i could on my full sus mtb.

You can get it on Winstanleys Bikes for £199.99 ( http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/17096/MAD_Phase_12_Trials_Bike_2010 )

It has gears as well, which frankly i have found excellent as it's allowed me to select the correct amount of teeth to convert to single speed.

All round seems a pretty sweet bike to start with and is pretty good value as it has HS33s

For £50 more you can get the 1.1... it's a little better and white.. really depends on yourself, my friend got that and it doesn't seem much different to me :)