Echo Tr Hydrolic Brake Reviews?

tom7995

im getting the echo lite 2011 frame with the tr brake and was just wondering how people rate them compared to other brakes? and in performance and maintenace?

Ones i've always felt have been spongey even with 4 bolt boosters, and you cant water bleed them as it leaks from the cylinders. I'd just by a new Magura if i was you. :)

hiya dude, i use the echo tr discs front and rear, and they are spot on, bite and hold are really good once bedded in, not great to begin with, but do get alot better, i cant say much on regards to how well the seals will last, which was a downfall to previous echo brakes. all in all, i would recommend them, personally i would have prefered hopes, but my bike came with these, but yeah for the price, no brake comes close

I had a 180mm on a stock and that wasn't powerful enough as a BB5 (my benchmark for all brakes) but it was good none the less. 160mm on a mod though is bang on, the lever is very firm, the brake has quite a bit of modulation and a lot of locking power. There's play on the pads which makes a clicking noise but you get the same problem with Hopes. Looks like it's inevitible.

If sealing isn't an issue (haven't had a problem yet being an Echo dealer) then they could be pretty good competition for the Hope brake. Echo's are a pain to set up though since they don't have self adjusting pads / open system.