Birmingham Ride For Video Settings

kevtim

Hi Guy's and Girls

I've been slowly organizing a pretty comprehensive bike trials video which will be getting underway very, very soon. Now I haven't filmed any bike trials with my new SD camcorder (due to the fact that I personally haven't been out on a ride for nearly two years now). Why a Standard Definition camcorder do you ask? Well the video will be about an hour long in it's entirety and my system just isn't big enough to handle hours and hours or raw HD footage. Now my DVX100B is pretty much the best SD camera out there but shooting SD raises some problems in this HD world. Firstly 50i interlaced video is out as computers and most new TV's are progressive scan. So if I want the film to be future proof I need to stay away from the interlaced settings. That leaves me with 25p mode, which is pretty mush the digital equivalent of shooting film at 25 frames per second which can cause strobing and problems with fast movement. I've also got a nice lens adaptor which allows me to attach different lenses for different effect and I want to see how these work on trials footage as well.

So I want to get out there and record some 25p footage and see how the camera handles it. Are there any riders in/around the Birmingham area that would be up for a session on a Wednesday or Saturday any time soon? It would be cool to make a day of it. I'll film and edit the final vid and put it up on youtube/vimeo for everyone to see the results.

Cheers

Kev

I would be up for this, I live down in coventry so its not a massive trip to head up to Birmingham, I would only be able to do a saturday though due to work, I am sure there are also plenty of other riders that would be keen to come out and ride!

Adam

I'm for Birmingham and ride most days as do a few others :) it's hard to ride birmingham for us at a weekend as weve rode it that many times we go else where lol as it happened nick cooke was talking of cuming up this Saturday for a ride so I guess we will be out to help u with your video ;)

Nice, let me know where you guys meet as I'm not too familiar with Birmingham. Wheres good (and cheap) to park? Should I bring a bike to get around on or will I be ok on foot. I Can wip out my old phase trials bike. I haven't rode for 2 years but it might be fun to have a play.

Nice, let me know where you guys meet as I'm not too familiar with Birmingham. Wheres good (and cheap) to park? Should I bring a bike to get around on or will I be ok on foot. I Can wip out my old phase trials bike. I haven't rode for 2 years but it might be fun to have a play.

yeah sweet me and couple others are getting train so outside new street station half 11 or so sound good too you ? (Y)

Is that by the slope? I'm thinking of getting the bus and then the train. How do west midlands travel react to bikes on busses there days? Back in the day I always had to haggle for about 15 minutes before (most of the time) getting kicked off the bus anyway.

I work for travel westmidlands and I believe they don't allow bikes on buses :)

Gutted, I'll have to drive and park up somewhere before jumping on a train. So half 11 outside new street station (the slope bit by the info centre). Is that correct?

Someone drop me a text before 10am tomorrow to let me know it's still happening. My number is: 07794051575

If I don't hear from anyone I'll assume it's been canceled. But if it's still on I'll be out like a shot and we'll hopefully get some good footage. Looking forward to cracking the old trials bike out of the shed!