Marc Vinco 1996

ellingtj

Inspired by Scotty W's recent retro finds I decided to find footage of a trial I saw on Eurosport back in 1996, this clip is different to the one I have on video but it's the same trial. This trial was one of the the things that really got me into trials.

Siiiick! Loving the blasts from the past! How can it be so popular in 95/96 that they have crowds doing Mexican waves for the riders when the sport was so small yet now they cant give tickets to the bike show away?! We need to take trials to the masses

Whats with running aroung the whole arena? They have bikes don't they? Bit confused to be honest...were they the only two riders in the competition? Not even sure where the dabs were counted...

A televised competition of the world elites would be epic. Eurosport, sort it out!

Surely this wasn't the main event ,probably a kinda half time show during a moto trial competition . Kinda sad to see biketrials relegated to an interesting distraction although the new UCI super finals are aimed at being TV friendly .

Good point, the event was a multi dicipline mtb event with a sort of bmx/dh race loop for mtb riders, I remember Brian Lopes winning. The trials was a big part of it though but the format is still unclear, I saw another section with Vinco v's Girrard but it was still only two riders at a time but I'm sure I saw leader board which showed there were quite a few riders.

Whats with running aroung the whole arena? They have bikes don't they? Bit confused to be honest...were they the only two riders in the competition? Not even sure where the dabs were counted...

A televised competition of the world elites would be epic. Eurosport, sort it out!

UCI rules, the dabs were on the bash ring/pedal.