Height

CalRobbo341

Hey guys.. I know that alot of professional riders are mod users, but I am starting to feel a bit to big for my mod.

So my height is 178cm / 71 inches, im 17 years of age and 8.8 stone.

I was just wondering if I should sell up except brakes and perhaps move onto an Echo Trial second hand most likely or maybe even a 26" bike?

My current geo for my frame is -

Wheelbase: 1010mm

Chainstay length: 362mm

BB Rise: 50mm

Head Angle: 70.5°

Centre of BB shell to top centre of head tube: 600mm

It is the Onza Blade 09

Also how much do you think my bike atm is worth (without brakes)- Onza Blade 09

What if I could perhaps just get a new 20" frame maybe a long one with a high BB (thats what she said :giggle: )

Thanks (Y)

Edited by Callumm

Wasn't having a go or anything :rolleyes: Back on topic though, Something like an Echo Trial could be just right if you feel in that bracket of a mod being too small but wanting to ride a stock which you feel you may not be able to throw around quite as easy. I would say that if mod is uncomfortable for you personally, then maybe you should try a 24 or 26 (Y) Sorry if that doesn't make sense :giggle:

Wasn't having a go or anything :rolleyes: Back on topic though, Something like an Echo Trial could be just right if you feel in that bracket of a mod being too small but wanting to ride a stock which you feel you may not be able to throw around quite as easy. I would say that if mod is uncomfortable for you personally, then maybe you should try a 24 or 26 (Y) Sorry if that doesn't make sense :giggle:

ahah i know you weren't having a go :L it does make a little sense..now just to fund for one I guess?

Yeah dude, might be hard to find a used Echo 24 since everyone seem to be so fond of 'em :(

Ikr could always try and get a frame..then build it from there..

What if I could perhaps just get a new 20" frame maybe a long one with a high BB (thats what she said :giggle: )

i think your hight is not the real problem, im 190cm (6foot 2) and weigh 70kg and i still ride on a mod,

try a longer higher stem and an a raiser bar, i did and it felt good on the bike :P

i rode an onza comp '09 (same geo i think) and i didn't like the feel of the bike now i have an onza blade '10 and it's loads better ;)

I'm 6"1 and ride a zoo python, it's okay but a little cramped.

I would reccomend getting a mod frame with a nice high bb (+80 or something along those lines) then get a high rise stem and high rise bars and it should feel great :)

• Like 1

i think your hight is not the real problem, im 190cm (6foot 2) and weigh 70kg and i still ride on a mod,

try a longer higher stem and an a raiser bar, i did and it felt good on the bike :P

i rode an onza comp '09 (same geo i think) and i didn't like the feel of the bike now i have an onza blade '10 and it's loads better ;)

I added that onto the post..What if I could perhaps just get a new 20" frame maybe a long one with a high BB (thats what she said )

personaly i think that the high bb wil do the same as the low bb and shot wb, you will stand high on your bike and the bars will be "low" so your back is in an awkward position, and you're not small so it wil have more the back bend effect i think

browsing around and I see the Onza Ice ahs a 1025 and a +70 rise but I dont think rock n roll update there stock levels...