Building My Own Wheel

williams

hi, well im going to build my own wheel with my rear 2010 onza pro rim. Im going to use Black spokes with a "Trialtech race sealed hub" which has 32 holes. Should i buy 2 different spoke lengts for the drive side etc. or can I just use to of the same size? and shold i do 3 or 4 cross? please help.

many thanks// william!

Edited by williams

3X will be the easiest pattern to learn if it's your 1st build. As for spoke lengths it will vary between hubs (different flange sizes/offsets) There are various spoke length calculators over the internet, failing that tarty will normally calculate it for you when you order spokes from them.

3X will be the easiest pattern to learn if it's your 1st build. As for spoke lengths it will vary between hubs (different flange sizes/offsets) There are various spoke length calculators over the internet, failing that tarty will normally calculate it for you when you order spokes from them.

okej, thanks for the quick reply! I suppose i have 3 cross now, but i will stick to that :) im going to order it from tartybikes so they have to wotk it out for me :)

have a nice day! // william

3X, but if you never have built a wheel before, i would advise you dont make this one your first.

Practice on an old crappy wheel first so you get the lacing sorted and a good guide is http://sheldonbrown.com/ Knows his stuff and is the only guide i have ever used.

What he said. Another pointer i can give is to only tighten each spoke no more than half a turn at a time, this will reduce the risk of disaster!